Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Buy American Guest

The clowncil is of the opinion that they own Detroit and that any outsider [[Lansing or a suburb) doesn't have a "right" to come in and take over. It's all about race [[especially when you listen to JoAnn Watson) talk about "giving up her seat on the bus"..."we want to manage our own business"...she claims she was a target of a smear campaign when it was made public that she only paid $68/yr. in taxes on her home. "whatever I was billed, I paid" was her reply, knowing all along that she was screwing HER city out of taxes. "we will not give up the city", code word "we".

The clowncil has the perks that should be eliminated and they constantly refuse and keep asking the general city employees, police/fire, to give up their wages and their health care. Something is wrong with this picture. Detroit isn't owned by the clowncil, Detroit isn't owned by a group, everyone in Michigan has a stake in what happens there.

This council needs to lead by example and they are not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    The clowncil is of the opinion that they own Detroit and that any outsider [[Lansing or a suburb) doesn't have a "right" to come in and take over. It's all about race [[especially when you listen to JoAnn Watson) talk about "giving up her seat on the bus"..."we want to manage our own business"...she claims she was a target of a smear campaign when it was made public that she only paid $68/yr. in taxes on her home. "whatever I was billed, I paid" was her reply, knowing all along that she was screwing HER city out of taxes. "we will not give up the city", code word "we".

The clowncil has the perks that should be eliminated and they constantly refuse and keep asking the general city employees, police/fire, to give up their wages and their health care. Something is wrong with this picture. Detroit isn't owned by the clowncil, Detroit isn't owned by a group, everyone in Michigan has a stake in what happens there.

This council needs to lead by example and they are not doing that.
    Yet you ignore what the state did to DPS when they tookover. The district went from financially stable and having poor grades to worse grades and hundreds of millions in debt. So you'll have to fogive some of us that are a little concerned about the integrity of the state running anything.

Add in that the city council can not negate the city charter and will of the populace [[which I often disagree with) and it is akin to choosing who will kick your ass or having someone kick your ass then go after your family and home with no ramifications to them.

At least if an EM comes in I can laugh at you while your pension continues to dwindle. Then you'll really have a reason to be angry.

Agreed however that Watson is a fool and Council needs to lead by example.
    Last edited by jt1; February-01-12 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Add last sentence as I am not a blind supporter of council

"we want to manage our own business"... "we will not give up the city" = Rhetoric at this point.

We lost our ability to manage our "own" business and keep our 'jewels' it can be argued when our leaders [[so appointed and anointed) squandered the city resources and finances for themselves as we looked on. Now Detroit is on life support fiscally. No one was looking towards the future when the tax base [[read piggy bank) would recede. That dwindling tax base was ignored as the 'friends and family' scams and frauds continued, and worse, was justified. Not to mention the amount of debt Detroit is in is worse than initially reported. All of this and more hidden while fraud and corruption ran wild - recall back under the Kilpatrick admin when we could not even get out a audit on the regular....
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-12 at 07:00 AM.