Industrial converted to apartments? Where? You mean a few obsolete industrial buildings in Milwaukee junction have gone this way? You're not even close to accurate on any broad scale.

I like Duggan's sentiment here, turning away from the mindset that factories are the future. Even where major factories get built they employ 1/10th the people they used to in the 90's and earlier.

Duggan realizes we need jobs in growing sectors, but that seems to have been somewhat of a pipe dream thus far, even with the likes of Gilbert developing some of the most attractive office and residential spaces in the metro area right downtown. We have yet to land a major relocation from the suburbs, let alone out of state.

As for the PM, I don't see any kind of "realignment" being worth the substantial cost that would be incurred. I read Duggan's comment as "the stations aren't in the right places to serve what are now the major developments downtown" which I don't really agree with. Several of the stations are just steps away from giant apartment buildings, many more are inside major buildings.

As someone who rides the PM 2-3 times a month on average, the stations that fit the bill of being disconnected from anything are Fort/Cass, Bricktown, and Broadway. The other IMHO, are about as useful as any station on a 2.9 mile elevated train loop in Downtown Detroit can be...