Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You really think that kids/teens and seniors in the richest town in Michigan would have a strong need for bus service?

There aren't even sidewalks anywhere, they have multiacre minimums for residential, so you would have people walking for miles alongside busy roads to get to a Woodward bus stop? For what purpose?

Woodward along that stretch is just lawn. You could conceivably board and go down towards 8 Mile or up towards Pontiac, but I'm doubting there's a huge population of vehicle-free households in Bloomfield itching to go to these two destinations.
    i'm glad I don't live there- it's an idiotic approach to community planning..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    It is not idiotic if your City's goal is to keep people out. Seems pretty effective. Not where I'd want to live, but to each his own.

Want to see horrible? There are far worse in the region. Tiny little burgs most folks have never heard of.

Yeah, Bloomfield Hills is a real hellhole; the woods, hills, lakes and especially Cranbrook really detract from the atmosphere; better to pave over with more concrete and wide roads and then we can run an empty bus every two hours like in "progressive" communities.

There is a place in a metro area for towns like Bloomfield Hills. It would be idiotic to try to make the whole area like that, but I think it is a very attractive town, even though it isn't the sort of place I would want to live. Different people want and need and can afford different things.