Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
Whether or not I broke any copyright laws is still a grey matter now, and it was even more-so back in 2000 when Lars was crying about it. From what I remember, Napster was free and didn't make any money, as it was a peer-to-peer download system. I can plug my external hard drive into my friends computer and drop and drag every MP3 he has onto it and I have broken no laws.

Perhaps Metallica should have patented CD burners that came standard on EVERY computer at the time, and patented the ideas of blank CDs that you can burn songs too. Last I check, it's not illegal to burn CDs, it's only "illegal" if you sell that CD. Maybe even if the record labels didn't reject the whole idea, they could have banked big time.

As much as I hate Kid Rock and his music, one of the good things he has said is "Music sharing doesn't bother me, the people have just found a way of screwing the record labels the same way the record labels have been screwing the artists for decades, and it's beautiful."

Support musicians by seeing them live. That's how they make their money.
Please, nobody take this man's advice on issues concerning copyright! He is completely incorrect!

There are many musicians who do not play live. Why should they not make money if you're enjoying their music?