Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

no matter how much security and cameras or what have you. You still see things downtown that wouldn't fly almost anywhere else in America. Couple weeks ago before a ballgame, saw a guy all types of drunk with 3/4 of a handle of something or other right in front of the Fox looking for change. This is before a ballgame with police everywhere and they paid him no attention. Or the time before it last fall some guy followed me a block askin for $$$ because he just got out of jail. Doesn't quite inspire feelings of safety or security. These are the kinds of things people remember.
    Is this just sport event stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Or the time before it last fall some guy followed me a block askin for $$$ because he just got out of jail. Doesn't quite inspire feelings of safety or security. These are the kinds of things people remember.
    Is this just sport event stuff?
    I've had that line pulled on me also, I would be willing to bet the guy did not just get out of jail. It's just another line panhandlers use, and that particular line is just supposed to be more intimidating. I'm sure it happens in any large city, and probably a fair number of smaller ones, too.