Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Darn, why does it always happen to kids who : "He was a good kid. I see him everyday," said Larry Brooks. "I've never known him to carry a gun or none of that. I know of no criminal activity that he's been involved in." The uncle of the deceased teen said the family is stunned.

A damn shame all around.

I go to that McDonalds fairly often.

Service was good[[although it seemed all they hired were little girls). They didn't have that stupid plexiglass[[I don't do business with establishments that have em).

I'm sure that's going to change.

I won't ever celebrate a death. Just refuse to do it.

But it does seem there is one less predator terrorizing Detroit.

The fact that he chose to rob a McDonalds is very disturbing as that venue tends to cater to children and families. This could have bowed in many directions. None of them good!

As a rule I DO NOT GO INTO FAST FOOD places when I do eat the junk - urban or suburban. I do the 'drive thru' only and the plexiglass places are crazy too as the violence could just be upon the customers while the safely 'insulated' staff look on behind the glass.

The Mickey Ds on Davison and Linwood is glassed-up. This one will probably do the same behind this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    A damn shame all around.

I go to that McDonalds fairly often.

Service was good[[although it seemed all they hired were little girls). They didn't have that stupid plexiglass[[I don't do business with establishments that have em).

I'm sure that's going to change.

I won't ever celebrate a death. Just refuse to do it.

But it does seem there is one less predator terrorizing Detroit.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-11 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ThThe Mickey Ds on Davison and Linwood is glassed-up. This one will probably do the same behind this.
    All of the McDonalds, and possibly all the fast food restaurants, will be glassed up very soon, much like all of the bank branches in the city have those huge vaults where they make you empty out all of your metal items before they let you enter.

Pretty ugly. The response to expanding crime. Like some CVS stores no longer have ATM machines. I call in most of my food orders to carry out places that don't have a drive thru. Then I can just drive to the place get my food and leave... Good idea to 'look' into the establishment BEFORE going in to make sure something is not going down... sad times indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    All of the McDonalds, and possibly all the fast food restaurants, will be glassed up very soon, much like all of the bank branches in the city have those huge vaults where they make you empty out all of your metal items before they let you enter.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-11 at 12:07 PM.

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    Darn, why does it always happen to kids who : "He was a good kid. I see him everyday," said Larry Brooks. "I've never known him to carry a gun or none of that. I know of no criminal activity that he's been involved in." The uncle of the deceased teen said the family is stunned.
    Because in most cases they don't actually pay attention to or care about the young person or get involved in their lives. It is all saving face for the family to say this shit. I see kids all the time running wild with no parents, no uncles, no anything present [[even though they live on the block). Someday they're going to end up dead or in prison and their idiot relatives are going to wonder why, because they were such good kids. They actually weren't, if anyone cared enough to pay attention.

Can't take care of your kids, or you're too busy getting drunk and high, then don't have them. Pay attention to and love the ones you have. Sounds simple? Right? No, it is too much to ask for these people. The rest of us in society have to pay the price for their stupid decisions and negligence.

I'm not glad this person is dead, but I'm glad they are dead so they can't hurt or kill or rob others ever again.
    Last edited by DetroitPole; August-20-11 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Because in most cases they don't actually pay attention to or care about the young person or get involved in their lives. It is all saving face for the family to say this shit. I see kids all the time running wild with no parents, no uncles, no anything present [[even though they live on the block). Someday they're going to end up dead or in prison and their idiot relatives are going to wonder why, because they were such good kids. They actually weren't, if anyone cared enough to pay attention.

Can't take care of your kids, or you're too busy getting drunk and high, then don't have them. Pay attention to and love the ones you have. Sounds simple? Right? No, it is too much to ask for these people. The rest of us in society have to pay the price for their stupid decisions and negligence.
    People are going to have children, its about biology and people aren't going to take care of them. But what I do feel we should have are parental responsibility laws on the books that essentially say, that the parent or whomever is responsible for their minor children and there should be a range of penalties from fines to community service to jail time to be given to the parents to served along with their child.

I feel that the parent is responsible for the actions of their minor children just as they are there own.. Parents will jump up and down and scream " I can't know what my child is doing all the time" My response is you better find out, and you need to let your child know that there will be hell to pay if you have to pay a fine because of his/her actions.

The only parents that would be excused would be the ones that went to social services and stated they can't handle their children
    Last edited by firstandten; August-20-11 at 01:32 PM.