Calling it "White Flight" tells me you have an agenda.

Anyway, My mother lived in Detroit since she was born [[1916) and my Dad moved from a very rural, farming town in Ohio to Detroit in 1937. We lived with my maternal grandfather on the far east side near Coplin and Vernor. We left about the time my younger brother graduated from Cass Tech [[1969) he went there as our local high school had a "rough" reputation.

My grandfather died a few years earlier and his house was sold to divide the estate. His house went cheap.

My folks wanted a newer home on a larger lot. Our current home had a gravity furnace that was converted from coal and on a 30' wide lot. One of my mother's sisters lived in New Baltimore and the other sister lived in East Detroit. My folks found a home in Clinton Twp. halfway between the two of them. It was on a half acre lot with a 2.5 car attached garage, full basement and air-conditioned.

Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

On the block in my old neighborhood not one, residential structure still exists. Several years ago the Free Press did land use survey and called it an "urban prairie." Both my public elementary school and junior high school have been closed for at least 5 years and have been stripped by scrappers.