Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 48205

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    48205 is a zip code, not a neighborhood. I was referring to the Regent Park/Red zone hood specifically, not the entire zip code itself. As I don't know if crime by zip data has been released for 2022 yet.
    In your earlier post, you said 48205 is *NOT* the red zone, which I assume you were suggesting that zip code doesn't have the highest crime in the city. That's what I was referring to when asking for a source.

And no one suggested Regent Park is the worst neighborhood in the city. But it is located in 48205.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-09-22 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    In your earlier post, you said 48205 is *NOT* the red zone, which I assume you were suggesting that zip code doesn't have the highest crime in the city. That's what I was referring to when asking for a source.
    I tend to stay away from zip code data in Detroit as it is almost over 20 different types of neighborhoods in each individual zip code.

For example; Highland Park, MI and Palmer Woods share the same zip code 48203, as well as Brightmoor and North Rosedale Park sharing 48223 and their crime rates are extremely different.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And no one suggested Regent Park is the worst neighborhood in the city. But it is located in 48205.
    To avoid further confusion;

The Regent Park neighborhood are the only boundaries of the "Red Zone". The Regent Park neighborhood is inside 48205 zip code. The entire 48205 zip code is not the "Red Zone", only 1 neighborhood inside it is.

Source: 2018 SMB Indictment [Page 3] under "1. The Enterprise"
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ent/p2/a406600

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    To avoid further confusion;

The Regent Park neighborhood are the only boundaries of the "Red Zone". The Regent Park neighborhood is inside 48205 zip code. The entire 48205 zip code is not the "Red Zone", only 1 neighborhood inside it is.

Source: 2018 SMB Indictment [Page 3] under "1. The Enterprise"
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ent/p2/a406600
    Thanks for providing that link. I see what you're trying to say now

I think the confusion stems from the fact that "Red Zone" is the label for a specific part of 48205 that is/was the turf for this gang.

But just because the gang's turf is/was in this specific part of 48205 doesn't mean the crime problems in 48205 were/are all concentrated in this so-called Red Zone. 48205 as a whole may still the highest crime rate in the city compared to other zip codes, which is what the OP was questioning.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-09-22 at 08:59 PM.