Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Good luck to him. He wasn't what the Lions need, but he's not a bad person or even a bad coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Good luck to him. He wasn't what the Lions need, but he's not a bad person or even a bad coach.
    From what I have read about him he comes off as arrogant, smartest guy in the room type of coach. He had problems listening to [[getting along with) the front office folks, which is probably why he got fired and Mayhew kept his job.

Not Whisenhunt, on December 31, 2012 he was fired after 3 straight non-playoff seasons & his record in Arizona was 45[[W) & 51[[L) for a .469% losing percentage. Also in 2012, the Cardinals proceeded to lose 9 straight games and in week 14 were blown out by the Seahawks by 58-0.

Who does he remind you of [[Schwartz)

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Not Whisenhunt, on December 31, 2012 he was fired after 3 straight non-playoff seasons & his record in Arizona was 45[[W) & 51[[L) for a .469% losing percentage. Also in 2012, the Cardinals proceeded to lose 9 straight games and in week 14 were blown out by the Seahawks by 58-0.

Who does he remind you of [[Schwartz)
    Whisenhunt showed what he can do with talent. After going to the Super Bowl, most of the team's best talent left. I think only the Ravens had a bigger exodus of top players after a SB appearance. And the Lions have better talent than the Cardinals did in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    From what I have read about him he comes off as arrogant, smartest guy in the room type of coach. He had problems listening to [[getting along with) the front office folks, which is probably why he got fired and Mayhew kept his job.
    I was trying to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I had dinner two weeks ago with someone who works in the front office and has for the last five coaches. Schwartz has a poor reputation as a hands-off coach who sits in his office and dictates, doesn't relate to his players at all on their level and only listens to his staff when they agree with his perspective. No one upstairs will be sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by grancan View Post
    I had dinner two weeks ago with someone who works in the front office and has for the last five coaches. Schwartz has a poor reputation as a hands-off coach who sits in his office and dictates, doesn't relate to his players at all on their level and only listens to his staff when they agree with his perspective. No one upstairs will be sad to see him go.
    Maybe that's why Mayhew said in the press conference that the next coach has to be a leader