Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

If a private corporation is buying the lot and will maintain it then what is your beef? It is currently empty. Corporations are there to make money not make thing pretty. Maybe you should go to Midland and see how ugly that looks compared to DTE property?

Believe it or not, this aerial photo is in color!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Midla...+Michigan&z=16

The point I am trying to make is that short of that ugly boxy entrance that DTE has put on the front of their building, they do maintain their property and it is not an eyesore.

More of a concern should be what will happen to the GAR once the fences come down? I am concerned because the construction fence is covered in graffiti. I would hate to see these folks pour so much money and their should into restoring something only to have some ass come by and ruin in minutes what has taken them years to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    If a private corporation is buying the lot and will maintain it then what is your beef? It is currently empty. Corporations are there to make money not make thing pretty. Maybe you should go to Midland and see how ugly that looks compared to DTE property?

Believe it or not, this aerial photo is in color!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Midla...+Michigan&z=16

The point I am trying to make is that short of that ugly boxy entrance that DTE has put on the front of their building, they do maintain their property and it is not an eyesore.

More of a concern should be what will happen to the GAR once the fences come down? I am concerned because the construction fence is covered in graffiti. I would hate to see these folks pour so much money and their should into restoring something only to have some ass come by and ruin in minutes what has taken them years to restore.
    This is a pretty big stretch DP. The area you show in Midland is part of Dow's industrial complex, and is totally within the containment area of thier highly secured chemical complex. Of course they don't 'green it up' - it is not for walking for anyone, let alone the public. Drive around the rest of Midland and you'll find the results of decades of Dow and its heirs pouring millions into a relatively small town to make it a pretty nice place for its residents to live. See also: Dow Diamond, just off the upper left corner of your 'grey zone' aerial.

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp...976&vkey=team1