Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Problem is, none of those exist any more.
    Someday Moosejaw won't either. Most retail outlets have a relatively short life-span. In that business, you grow or die. If you grow to fast you will die anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Someday Moosejaw won't either. Most retail outlets have a relatively short life-span. In that business, you grow or die. If you grow to fast you will die anyways.
    I'm pretty sure Detroitdave was referring to Woodward presently, not 10, 20 or even 100 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm pretty sure Detroitdave was referring to Woodward presently, not 10, 20 or even 100 years ago.
    I was referring to Woodward presently :-)
    Moosejaw has been around for a while , I've shopped at their Woodward and 14 mile location .I think this is a great fit for Downtown Detroit and all the new people moving in, this fits the demographics prefect,Young urban professionals . why didn't I think of this ? ! Damn ! LOL :-)
    all kidding aside I do think this is a good fit , I hope it works out for them .
    I went by today and it's looks like they will be there for a while ?
    all the best !

The website calls it a pop up shop

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    The difference, though, is that Moosejaw has a heavily-thriving online channel that accounts for a larger chunk of their sales than their brick-and-mortar channel. If anything, their shops serve as a 3D advertisement to draw sales toward their online presence.

Most retail shops that fail do so because they fail to diversify their channels. MJ is already on the right track.