Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    That argument cuts both ways. Part of the mismanagement could have been keeping open unprofitable stores. Now they are fixing that.
    Certainly, but a huge part of their mismanagement is their exposure to lawsuits as well. It's irritating that the article seems to paint it as a completely one-sided issue of theft but doesn't mention the myriad of poor business on part of Rite Aid.

I'm just saying, if you're closing a store and citing crime, you would think the numbers would be pretty black and white. I guess the craziest part is Rite Aid didn't even say this, it's just random people on the street and unnamed workers, seems pretty lazy to ride that narrative through the whole article. Not surprised its Reindl writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    ...Not surprised its Reindl writing this.
    In describing his profession, Samuel Johnson said “A news-writer is a man without virtue who writes lies at home for his own profit. To these compositions is required neither genius nor knowledge, neither industry nor sprightliness, but contempt of shame and indifference to truth are absolutely necessary.”

Grub Street [[engole.info)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In describing his profession, Samuel Johnson said “A news-writer is a man without virtue who writes lies at home for his own profit. To these compositions is required neither genius nor knowledge, neither industry nor sprightliness, but contempt of shame and indifference to truth are absolutely necessary.”

Grub Street [[engole.info)
    I just don’t agree with a lot of his personal stuff on social media, so I tend to think we have a different view of the world. Not going to crucify the whole profession.