Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm following this correctly:

Duggan [[mayor's bro) owns an amateur team in Pontiac with a working agreement for the Columbus team.

Does that team get moved?

Why would Duggan want to own two teams competing with each other? Could the Pontiac team could become a feeder for the Detroit team? What would be the financial implications of giving up a working agreement with the Columbus team?

And maybe bigger what happens to the Detroit fourth tier team that Duggan does NOT own???? Would Duggan buy the team out [[e.g., franchise and players)??

Stock a new team with the best players from the Pontiac and Detroit teams????
    The Bucks and this new team wouldn't really be competitors since they are at different levels. I think the ultimate idea is that they draw well, establish a fan base and sponsorships, and eventually look to make the move to MLS, or at least NASL in a few years [[see Orlando).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The Bucks and this new team wouldn't really be competitors since they are at different levels. I think the ultimate idea is that they draw well, establish a fan base and sponsorships, and eventually look to make the move to MLS, or at least NASL in a few years [[see Orlando).
    How would the new team get stocked? This is important if the team is to be competitive early.

On 2nd thought so long as a MLS team isn't in Detroit, I agree the Pontiac team isn't a competitor. Each have their own markets.

I find it hard to believe, though, that two Detroit teams though, could co-exist maybe blocks apart. [[the other, Detroit FC). I would think that Detroit FC would get bought out and would help stock the new team