Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Burleson AND Delmas gone as of today. Damn. Not shocking as I think they might be back at a cheaper rate but still kinda shocking considering they were the vocal leaders in the locker room. I always loved how forthright Nate was to talking the good talk so I'm hoping he lingers in some form or capacity.

He also seemed to embrace the area so the love is returned to guys like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Burleson AND Delmas gone as of today. Damn. Not shocking as I think they might be back at a cheaper rate but still kinda shocking considering they were the vocal leaders in the locker room. I always loved how forthright Nate was to talking the good talk so I'm hoping he lingers in some form or capacity.

He also seemed to embrace the area so the love is returned to guys like him.
    I am sad to see both of them go. Nate was having a good year until he broke his arm. Delmas, however, seems a bit fragile. Now if they could trade Suh...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I am sad to see both of them go. Nate was having a good year until he broke his arm. Delmas, however, seems a bit fragile. Now if they could trade Suh...
    Don't be surprised if Nate comes back at a dirt cheap price. He seemed to take it in stride and he understands the business side of things. Beyond his play last season, Nate seems like a pretty sharp guy who has an exit strategy from his playing days.

Heard that Delmas was shopping his services with Pittsburgh & Denver so his tenure could be done.

Suh- on the other hand is a dilemma for me. I understand his value. He's crazy ass gifted and a force. But he's also like one helluva nice car in a garage that can hold so many nice cars. We just might not be able to afford him for the betterment of the team's overall health. He chews up just far too much salary cap. If this wasn't a cap issue, he'd be locked up in a heartbeat- but again... it's the business of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Don't be surprised if Nate comes back at a dirt cheap price. He seemed to take it in stride and he understands the business side of things. Beyond his play last season, Nate seems like a pretty sharp guy who has an exit strategy from his playing days.

Heard that Delmas was shopping his services with Pittsburgh & Denver so his tenure could be done.

Suh- on the other hand is a dilemma for me. I understand his value. He's crazy ass gifted and a force. But he's also like one helluva nice car in a garage that can hold so many nice cars. We just might not be able to afford him for the betterment of the team's overall health. He chews up just far too much salary cap. If this wasn't a cap issue, he'd be locked up in a heartbeat- but again... it's the business of the NFL.
    Suh, according to the radio this afternoon, won't even tell the Lions officially who his agent is. That's pretty telling. I'd bet a trade is likely, sooner than later. You don't disrespect the team in that manner and expect to stay long.

Has Peter King blown a gasket?

Mock draft pick for the Lions Taylor Lewan??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/24/johnny...quarterback/5/

That'd be a luxury pick of Millen-esque proportions! Considering how many other glaring holes we need to fill, getting a tackle now would be nuts? Not meaning to diss Lewan but the position isn't exactly a position we need to fill immediately. Whomever we pick in the first round had better be prepared to play Day One for us; no projects here.

Yeah, he seems to be off his nut on that. And he provides ZERO rationale for it