Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Rather than just calling it dumb, why don't you enlighten us and tell us where the post went wrong. Substantiate your accusation if you can.

Quite honestly certain parts of the post were factual- the film incentive thing was a Republican idea that was endorsed by Granholm. And numerous industries beyond the film makers did prosper during the productions.

Now if you want to skewer the rest- produce the goods to oppose the view.

Do a site search for film tax credits and there are six pages on it. You have participated in those discussions, and so has Detroitj72. And so have I, and so have many others. The goods are there, I readily admit to laziness when it comes to citing a bunch of stuff that's been cited before.

Yes Republicans introduced the bill, I'm not partisan about my dislike of it. I agree that some industries beyond the film makers prospered during the productions, at a net loss to the rest of us. The irony is that the $1.8 billion business tax break that does not discriminate towards a transient industry is universally slammed by those who favor the film industry breaks, as though THOSE CEOs are somehow better than THESE CEOs. Not to mention, the film industry is not precluded from enjoying the $1.8 billion break.

And I'm not saying I support the $1.8 billion. I do think it covers a much broader range of businesses and businesses that are much more likely to STAY. If it doesn't work, and work quick, and if the net result is a loss of tax base due to retirees leaving, I'll be happy to vote Snyder out and lobby to restore the pension exemption or whatever colorful term it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    The goods are there, I readily admit to laziness when it comes to citing a bunch of stuff that's been cited before.
    I admit the goods are there but I just wanted you to realize that when all you did was flame a thread by calling it the "Dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards"- it just begs to be supported even if it's a call to look up the other resources. Just a blanket statement calling someone else's comments inane serves no one any good and just sounds like playground trash talk. A good healthy dialogue supported by facts and resources is that much better... so thanks for supporting your previous comment,