Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I believe Erik Smith should be making mini-documentaries, a la Charlie LeDuff, about the personalities and the characters that he has come across via his career in Detroit news broadcasting. People whose character gives Detroit it's flavor. He has the background to provide the continuity for a university position as a local historian if his career in broadcasting is over.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I believe Erik Smith should be making mini-documentaries, a la Charlie LeDuff, about the personalities and the characters that he has come across via his career in Detroit news broadcasting. People whose character gives Detroit it's flavor. He has the background to provide the continuity for a university position as a local historian if his career in broadcasting is over.

I love this idea Eno, probably because I want to continue seeing him one way or another. He comes across as someone youve known personally for years, he would make a great interviewer documenting our locals. Mr. Smith was the speaker at my high school graduation in 87, my parents next door neighbor for a few years, and his daughter was a friend of mine in high school but Ive never met him. Hes so personable it seems. I heard he got the ear pierced on a dare from his kids.
    Whatever he does I hope hes happy but I also hope he will continue to be on the tube, he kinda feels like family. I always try and catch him on tv before I go to bed.

Channel 7 might be making him retire,