Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
    I wonder if the few pro-domestic extremists here on DetroitYes have ever analyzed their investment portfolio such as their mutual fund holdings and stocks ownership.

BuyAmerican should have all his/her retirement 401k investments, stocks, bonds, mutual funds and etc. allocated to auto companies that are based in SE Michigan. There better not be any signs of companies like Anheuser-Busch [[Brazil-Belgium), Samsung [[South Korea), Hitachi [[Japan), Arcelor Mittal [[Luxembourg), Siemens [[Germany), Nestle [[Switzerland), BASF [[Germany), Nokia [[Finland) or Prudential [[U.K.).

By the way, owning a "Southeast Michigan" car is only the beginning ..... what about the fuel to run the car ? Sure hope BuyAmerican has alternative plans to gas up his/her vehicles because this list of companies should not be a stop to buy gas from.

Companies and total barrels of crude imports from the Middle-East
    When you've got arguments like these, who needs intelligent discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by wazootyman View Post
    When you've got arguments like these, who needs intelligent discussion?
    Exactly !

Many of the folks on here are such extremists that they thought they know it all. They perceive themselves as the most intelligent beings on earth, and everyone else outside of Southeast Michigan are just idiots. Come on, give me a break.

Many of us try to be more reasonable, such as Jared9903, who prefers domestic automakers, but wouldn't go absolutely batty over his wife purchasing an Accord or Camry. I am the same way - although I just bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu, and believe that I have done my part to put my money where my mouth is. If my brother buys a Nissan, so be it. We also have folks who see the big picture, like wash_man and tahleel, who understands that American means more than just Southeast Michigan.

So wazootyman, it really is quite subjective on DetroitYes how you categorize "intelligent discussions", my friend.