Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    My comment was mostly sarcastic. But L Brooks embodies the arrogance of regional irresponsbility and the "Screw YOU Detroit" mentality. He's certainly not the only one. I have no personal hate for OC, but as time has shown, OC is not an island; it is not immune from the collective fate of the region. Every underhanded whip at the city by L Brooks and OC have helped drive the entire place into the ground.
    You have no personal hatred for OC? I don't know you, so I will accept that answer. However, your posts do not reflect that. If anything, your posts reflect a strong anti-Suburb sentiment. I find that ironic since your comments seem [[to me anyway) to reflect a belief that everyone in the Suburbs are anti-Detroit.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Region - we can always move, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    You have no personal hatred for OC? I don't know you, so I will accept that answer. However, your posts do not reflect that. If anything, your posts reflect a strong anti-Suburb sentiment. I find that ironic since your comments seem [[to me anyway) to reflect a belief that everyone in the Suburbs are anti-Detroit.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Region - we can always move, right?
    First, I have lived in both the suburbs and the city, though I lived in the 'burbs much longer. I can name hundreds of suburbanites who loathe the City of Detroit. They want nothing more than to see it fail and implode, or for it to be razed, leveled by an A-bomb, or sink into the river and die [[including all of its residents). If you don't believe me, take a look at the comments on Freep.com sometime or listen to radio callers about the light rail line.

I am 100% pro-suburbs, which is where ALL of my family and friends live with the exception of my fiance who is moving in with me at the end of the month. I am not anti-suburban, I am anti-suburban-asshole. You're absolutely correct, I hope those people LEAVE and FAST. They do nothing but stall progress and spread by bad sentiments about Detroit, urban living, and blacks. They typify stupid, NIMBY morons. Many people in my family are such and they live in OC. I make no excuses for them.

Any county, city, town, or township that believes [[outwardly or not) that certain people should be kept south of a particular road, and out of "their" shops and neighborhoods is a POS. If the same people think that robbing away business and industry with reckless disregard for blight, poverty, and destruction is ok, then yes, I wish they would pack up their stuff and leave.

So think what you want of me, but I want nothing more than to see the entire region succeed. However, suburb and city residents that actively work to see the other's demise should be called out. -There are good people everywhere.
    Last edited by BrushStart; August-03-10 at 03:28 PM.

bartock Guest

First, I have lived in both the suburbs and the city, though I lived in the 'burbs much longer. I can name hundreds of suburbanites who loathe the City of Detroit. They want nothing more than to see it fail and implode, or for it to be razed, leveled by an A-bomb, or sink into the river and die [[including all of its residents). If you don't believe me, take a look at the comments on Freep.com sometime or listen to radio callers about the light rail line.

I am 100% pro-suburbs, which is where ALL of my family and friends live with the exception of my fiance who is moving in with me at the end of the month. I am not anti-suburban, I am anti-suburban-asshole. You're absolutely correct, I hope those people LEAVE and FAST. They do nothing but stall progress and spread by bad sentiments about Detroit, urban living, and blacks. They typify stupid, NIMBY morons. Many people in my family are such and they live in OC. I make no excuses for them.

Any county, city, town, or township that believes [[outwardly or not) that certain people should be kept south of a particular road, and out of "their" shops and neighborhoods is a POS. If the same people think that robbing away business and industry with reckless disregard for blight, poverty, and destruction is ok, then yes, I wish they would pack up their stuff and leave.

So think what you want of me, but I want nothing more than to see the entire region succeed. However, suburb and city residents that actively work to see the other's demise should be called out. -There are good people everywhere.
    I don't know how long you've lived downtown, or if it is the first place you've lived within the city...guess I'll just leave that part at that.

I couldn't name hundreds of people much less claim to know the mindblowing nutjobs that would think as you suggest. Freep and radio shows do not count. I agree with your last statement, but it doesn't really match what came before it.

I take it that you are a newer attorney, and perhaps one that does pesonal injury work? Not a knock at all, just wonderin'.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    I don't know how long you've lived downtown, or if it is the first place you've lived within the city...guess I'll just leave that part at that.

I couldn't name hundreds of people much less claim to know the mindblowing nutjobs that would think as you suggest. Freep and radio shows do not count. I agree with your last statement, but it doesn't really match what came before it.

I take it that you are a newer attorney, and perhaps one that does pesonal injury work? Not a knock at all, just wonderin'.
    "Hundreds" was embellished, but I certainly know many and have reason to believe they are not isolated cases. I would also submit that I didn't invent those statements about the city, people have actually said those things during discussions about Detroit. Were they being facetious? Hard to ever really know, but I would never say that about any place. Yeah, it makes me mad. I won't comment about the rest other than I do live downtown now.

bartock Guest

"Hundreds" was embellished, but I certainly know many and have reason to believe they are not isolated cases. I would also submit that I didn't invent those statements about the city, people have actually said those things during discussions about Detroit. Were they being facetious? Hard to ever really know, but I would never say that about any place. Yeah, it makes me mad. I won't comment about the rest other than I do live downtown now.
    Must be one nutty suburb.

The point about downtown is that it has never been much of a residential area, even in Detroit's heyday. There are certain areas that you will get different temperatures from.

You identified yourself as an attorney, it ain't like I made it up.