Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Its not right that they charge people who live in Detroit a higher rate due to the area.

No kidding. As a 24 yo male I moved from Ypsilanti to Detroit [[Woodbridge) to be closer to work. A difference of around 30 miles less commuting each way. My 85 Mercury Cougar was about $700/year prior to the move, for just PLPD. When the INS company recieved the news that I had moved they wanted $1900 for the same coverage, even though I was in walking/biking/busing. Granted my driving record isn't the greatest. I was on the phone with the INS company for over an hour arguing with them. They finally agreed to keep my previous rate for 6 months, then they said they didn't want me for a customer anymore for the 6 month period.

Yeah, welcome to the Detroit "fee"... That's way too much for an 85 year model car... some independent restaurants and carry outs even charge [[or attempt) an extra dollar or two when you use your debit card! These businesses get an earful when they attempt that with me! Try the broker I referenced in a response above. And above all DO NOT let your insurance lapse. Then the price will be even more!
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    ...My 85 Mercury Cougar was about $700/year prior to the move, for just PLPD. When the INS company recieved the news that I had moved they wanted $1900 for the same coverage...