Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I asked the new owner Joe Barbat on the Buildings of Detroit Facebook page if he planned on preserving the old lobby of the Oriental Theater and this is his response to me.

"Joe Barbat Hi Ken. U better believe we are going to preserve the awesome architecture from the oriental theatre. Not only the interior of the building but there are some really cool features on the exterior that we plan on rehabilitating as well."

So this is really exciting.
    Thanks Gumby!! Made my day!!

So there are details underneath the modern entrance veneer!!

Too bad that they can't restore the lobby remains as a restaurant space.... maybe an Asian one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks Gumby!! Made my day!!

So there are details underneath the modern entrance veneer!!

Too bad that they can't restore the lobby remains as a restaurant space.... maybe an Asian one?
    No problem. I never expected him to reply to my inquiry so I was excited when he did. I suggested that it would make a great restaurant or perhaps an awesome new lobby for the residential portion of the building. He didn't comment on either of those other than saying they would be preserving it. He also said in his initial response to the article that there were other developments in the area that he will be working on. I suggested the Park Avenue Building next door and the UA building, pure wishful thinking on my part.