Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"And as I detailed earlier, it is my understanding that the $1.4 million is cominmg from the $8 million demo fund that is out of state funds. I amy not be exaclty coorect on that but it is my understanding."

Your claim that the money can't be spent in any other way is based on speculation? Your understanding? Can't you get Demolition Jackson on the phone and get a straight answer? I would hope he at least has some idea of where his money is coming from for his demolition jobs.

"I have simply asked which of the announced DDA projects / funding centers anyone would cut to pay for the mothballing of the Lafayette.

Not a single person here has even been able do that simple exercise...all have wandered off into theoreticals."

Let's see, you give us a list of projects that may or may not be from the DDA budget, you think they are but you don't have the actual budget, and there may be millions more being allocated for projects like demolishing buildings for Mike Ilitch or for a new building for Quicken that we know won't happen, but we're not allowed to consider those millions, just the ones that you cherry picked out of the papers. From that incomplete set of information, we're chastised for not singling out one project to be sacrificed. That's an interesting game you want us to play.

PQZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "And as I detailed earlier, it is my understanding that the $1.4 million is cominmg from the $8 million demo fund that is out of state funds. I amy not be exaclty coorect on that but it is my understanding."

Your claim that the money can't be spent in any other way is based on speculation? Your understanding? Can't you get Demolition Jackson on the phone and get a straight answer? I would hope he at least has some idea of where his money is coming from for his demolition jobs.

"I have simply asked which of the announced DDA projects / funding centers anyone would cut to pay for the mothballing of the Lafayette.

Not a single person here has even been able do that simple exercise...all have wandered off into theoreticals."

Let's see, you give us a list of projects that may or may not be from the DDA budget, you think they are but you don't have the actual budget, and there may be millions more being allocated for projects like demolishing buildings for Mike Ilitch or for a new building for Quicken that we know won't happen, but we're not allowed to consider those millions, just the ones that you cherry picked out of the papers. From that incomplete set of information, we're chastised for not singling out one project to be sacrificed. That's an interesting game you want us to play.
    The projects I listed and asked folks to choose from are in the FY 2010 budget and have been voted on by the DDA Board of Directors and therefore are fully funded - other wise the DDA Board would not have been able to vote on them. Kinda easy logic there.

Perhaps one of you, who actually lives in Detroit [[or in most of the cases, near Detroit) and claims to have such a stake and interest in the City could dial 313-963-2940 and ask someone to tell you whether the funding for the Lafayette demo is from the DDA general fund or from the special demolition fund. You seem to be awfully concerned about all this and are colling for the firing of professionals wqith 30 years of experience - experience by the way that resulted in the restoration of the Book Cadillac. Are you ready to fire that team? Are ya really ready to do that? Really?

C'mon Novine. I dare ya. Pick up the phone and find something out. Actuallu do something...

Do it. I truple dog dare ya!

And the question wasn't about whether to use the $1.4 million for demo, it was what program to cut to fund the addional $2.6 - $4.0 million to adequately and securely mothball the Lafayette.