Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 97.1 The Ticket

Hybrid View

When I turn on 950am to check the headlines, and it's Michigan football/basketball or the Pistons, I always yell "God Dammit". I only listen to the Lions on 97.1.

Occurrence Guest

I don't know about the Pistons drawing more viewership. I believe the Pistons have the lowest attendance in the league while the Wings sell out every game.

I have also notice the Wings keep getting bumped off FSN and put on FSN+, a channel that everyone seems to have a problem finding. I think on my buddies it was like channel 713 or something like that.

They should really consider getting rid of all this Hockeytown garbage. For "Hockeytown", we sure seem to treat our hockey team like crap. This wouldn't happen in a real hockeytown, like Montreal or Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I don't know about the Pistons drawing more viewership. I believe the Pistons have the lowest attendance in the league while the Wings sell out every game.

I have also notice the Wings keep getting bumped off FSN and put on FSN+, a channel that everyone seems to have a problem finding. I think on my buddies it was like channel 713 or something like that.

They should really consider getting rid of all this Hockeytown garbage. For "Hockeytown", we sure seem to treat our hockey team like crap. This wouldn't happen in a real hockeytown, like Montreal or Vancouver.
    Many times I've had to seek out FSN+ to watch the Pistons when both teams are playing.
    Also many times I've had to listen to 950 am to hear the Pistons game on the radio.

I'm wondering if it may have something to do with what times the games start. Maybe the team that has a later starting time gets placed on the am station.

it was only ever a marketing gimmick. Nothing more.

Occurrence Guest

Enduro, did you just say hockey is a gimmick because it's played on ice? It's ice hockey, what surface are they supposed to play on?

If anything is a gimmick, it's the modern NBA that resembles WWE Wrestling more than anything. Basketball is actually a good sport, as long as it's not NBA basketball. It's a garbage league now.

Enduro, did you just say hockey is a gimmick because it's played on ice? It's ice hockey, what surface are they supposed to play on?

If anything is a gimmick, it's the modern NBA that resembles WWE Wrestling more than anything. Basketball is actually a good sport, as long as it's not NBA basketball. It's a garbage league now.
    Again, that's YOUR opinion. There are a lot of people that like the NBA, and I'm one of them. The Pistons have brought joy to this community in the past and while they are down now, they will bounce back.

My crappy opinion is just as valid as your crappy opinion, although in my opinion it's more valid. Field hockey is a more legitimate game. Therefore I think they should remove the ice from the NHL or abolish the game altogether. Or make them broadcast on shortwave if it does continue to exist as is. Also any goals that look like accidents [[most of them) should not count and should be given to a children's charity.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    When I turn on 950am to check the headlines, and it's Michigan football/basketball or the Pistons, I always yell "God Dammit". I only listen to the Lions on 97.1.
    I also detest this. I mean we have 97.1, 1270, and 1130, but the newsradio station has to broadcast a college basketball game?!