Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I ran into the principle interest of O'Connor Realty, literally, not more than two weeks ago, and he gave me that information. I was out jogging, he was walking his children. [[Nobody was injured.)

If anything changed, then per our conversation I hope he would've gotten back to me.

As it is, I have an appointment today with a realtor for another building that suits my needs well.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    What do you mean?? I just saw this property for sale for $70,000 last week at O'Conner's Reality.
    i once called on something listed on craigslist only to find it was sold two days prior, the horror!

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I ran into the principle interest of O'Connor Realty, literally, not more than two weeks ago, and he gave me that information. I was out jogging, he was walking his children. [[Nobody was injured.)

If anything changed, then per our conversation I hope he would've gotten back to me.

As it is, I have an appointment today with a realtor for another building that suits my needs well.
    I don't mean to pry John, but weren't you recently evicted from your loft? How are you going to afford to buy these domes or a building if you can't pay your rent? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    I don't mean to pry John, but weren't you recently evicted from your loft? How are you going to afford to buy these domes or a building if you can't pay your rent? Just curious.
    I'd say these are the things that private messages are for, Nothing like airing someone's dirty laundry for them.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cushkid View Post
    I'd say these are the things that private messages are for, Nothing like airing someone's dirty laundry for them.
    Not trying to air dirty laundry. john was pretty openly posting about this a little while ago. Obviously things have turned around for him, so I'd like to here the positive story since he chose to share the negative with us all.

Gee, Det, that isn't prying.

That is doubting.

Much worse.

My troubles last year stemmed from severe clinical depression.

That is an illness that I had little control over, nobody who succumbs to it does.

Over the past ten years, while learning ways to cope with it...I also realized I need to go further towards increasing my emotional resiliency to handle the severe shocks served up by life.

In order that those shocks appeared: My divorce, 1997, recovered in a few years with the help of family, doctors, and friends [[1998 was the year of discovery, when I was officially diagnosed); September 11th [[caused me to walk away from my dream job, and return almost immediately to Michigan where I sought the company and emotional support of family and friends that I could NOT find in Los Angeles); My mother's sickness which led to her death in 1994 [[this one was a whopper, understandably so, and I was JUST getting used to her absence when...); ItsJeff died suddenly in his sleep.

So...for all of you keeping score, and wondering why his passing had such an impact on me...there it is.

My landlord at the amazing DFD Lofts had me over to his house just last night. He understands the depth of what I suffered, and how it kept me from functioning fully to my generous capacities. He is patiently waiting for the last four months rent from me, and he will get paid.

If the last seven months would've gone better, if I had chosen to focus on MY business instead of blindly helping another in deep distress, then I would NOT have been evicted. I chose to jump on someone else's bandwagon to snap myself out of my funk...having daily interactions with people and HAVING to get out of bed and show up somewhere. I proved I could, everyone knows where I was and what I did, now it is time for my return to the stuff I had dreamed and planned. Time to act, to do.

In addition, I now have great empathy for and deep understanding of anyone caught in the swirling and churning dark depths of clinical depression...and I have a novel patterned plan discovered through my ordeal which allows me to live with this issue without it severely damaging my life any further. It may be helpful to others, and I will publish it soon for them. We will see! I will not divulge the whole of it here, beyond the random discovery that has already been put forth. Buy the book!

I have been assembling the means to get back to productive life...and as long as I can avoid the doubters and the system who always seem to want to drag folks down [[for whatever personal and professional reasons they have), and as long as I can remain on my learned path of proper rest, nutrition, exercise, FAITH, and motion...then I will not get stuck in my head and my bed EVER again.

I am much stronger now than ever...and know that it is up to me to surf the waves served up by life, instead of letting the big ones crash me to smithereens standing on the shores of life with my back turned to them.

So...I have resources you wouldn't understand, and things that will not be revealed on a public board, but I will have the perfect place to continue my contributions to this city, including the creation of many, many jobs that are so desperately needed. There will be so much activity out of this next place, I will never be alone long enough to trip back into the unending universe inside my noggin.

Thanks for asking...

detmich Guest

John- now that is good news to hear. I think everyone on here is interested in how you are doing.. Please keep us up to date on progress as you move forward.

Please don't. No one wants to hear the pitiable details of everyone's life, especially on a forum that has nothing to do with you. It's embarrassing and loathsome. Grow a sack and quit airing your laundry in public.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Please don't. No one wants to hear the pitiable details of everyone's life, especially on a forum that has nothing to do with you. It's embarrassing and loathsome. Grow a sack and quit airing your laundry in public.
    Like truck nutz? Should he hang them from the saddle on his bike?

I heard this property sold last month for $20,000.

Nice, lot of gardenspace as well. But then there's that eyesore to the north...

Ps. Still strange to see Bing lists the MCS as an Amtrack Railway Station, a role MCS hasn't played since 1988...
    Last edited by Whitehouse; July-18-10 at 03:50 PM.

My source was O'Connor Real Estate. Also, I heard they were indeed pretty stripped, resulting in the low sale price.

Someone beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post

Nice, lot of gardenspace as well. But then there's that eyesore to the north...

Ps. Still strange to see Bing lists the MCS as an Amtrack Railway Station, a role MCS hasn't played since 1988...

Threre was an Amtrak station there until the mid-1990's. It just did not use the building any longer.

Considering the creepy background of the property, I'd demo those domes and put up a new house if I was the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Considering the creepy background of the property, I'd demo those domes and put up a new house if I was the owner.
    I doubt it's the domes with the bad vibes, if it's anything, I'd bet on the land itself

LodgeDodger Guest

Have a Priest come in and give it a blessing. Problem solved!

$399,000.!...a little excessive i'd say.

Believe me, if you want scary tunnels, BY FAR 20th Street takes the cake.

More descriptive Info on that 20th street tunnel please , I want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    More descriptive Info on that 20th street tunnel please , I want to check it out.
    It'S about the same length as the Vernor underpass, but unlike Vernor, there are no skylights between the tracks. 20th Street tunnel is pitch black and looks like a great place to dispose of a trade union leader's body, buy drugs, or make friends with some nocturnal animals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3