Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Past history since 1957, says it really doesn't make any difference who we pick in the draft. We don't win and that's the factual reality. I want them to win, but they don't know how. Schwartz, isn't the saviour, we want him to be.

Smogboy, sorry I meant Cherilus. I was having two discussions at the time. Yeah having Williams on the O-line as well would be like having Suh kick a field goal cold.....

Too early for draft ideas. But I still believe we need a good CB and the rest on o-line with some mlbs in there somewhere.

regardless I am glad I won't be waasting any more time this year.

Roy Williams praises Matt Millen:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010111...ola-fires-back

I'm putting a bounty on Williams head. 100 bucks to the first Lion that rips his head off.

you'd be overpaying by $99.50

I've not checked the 'line', so I don't know which team is favored, or by how much, but here is Dallas in Dallas. Anyone taking the Lions?

After last week's performance I don't think the Leos could beat anything other than their meat. Anyone think a one armed quarterback with no run support or kicking game, can pull this one out?

That was a horseshit, I mean horsecollar, game.

Same ol' morsels of lion dung.

go lions....

Since the Lions are retreading past performances, I thought I'd repost something I wrote in 2009:

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    IN PRAISE OF APATHY

Another loss, this one to the lowly Rams and it seems no one cares. I think that is a good thing.
    We have turned a corner.

The game, a game in which the Lions were 3 1/2 point favorites, failed to lure in enough believers, resulting in the draconian NFL blackout decending on TVs from Monroe to Flint, Detroit to Lansing. The NFL's blackout goes into effect when a team doesn't sell-out the stadium within 72 or 48 hrs before a contest. The NFL as the nation's only government sanctioned monoply and therefore wields its status like a bully having a hissy fit. "Fine, you won't buy my tickets, I won't let you watch my sub-par performance."

A double-think thought process but one the NFL clings to in the belief that since billionaires thought it up, it must be a good idea; but I digress.

It seems no one cares about the Lions. And that is a good thing. I believe it is not hate that will change the Lions. Hate is the flip-side of Love, and while love can cure a child's scuffed knee, it can't fix the Lions anymore than yelling will. Yelling hateful "Fire Millen, Kill Ford" didn't work. Neither did "Trade Harrington!" or "Sack Mitchell!" or "Bench Plum!".

Vitriol will not spurr the Lions to change, but not giving a flying-fig will. Not buying their embarrassing tickets, not buying their worthless foam fingers, jerseys, weak beer or over-priced parking will. By not going to the games, by not buying their merchandise, by not visiting the advertisers that appear on their in-stadium billboards or are voiced on their radio network, the only way to change the Lions is to stop caring.

Apathy, the universal cure. But are there signs that apathy is catching on?

Thankfully, yes. It seems that thousands of people cared enough to not go to the game. Barely 40 thousand sad-eyed souls went to Ford Field to see the Lions lose. The blackout fell and thousands more didn't watch, but the biggest hint that shows that people have stopped caring:
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/s...yCurrentPage=0

There hasn't been a single comment on the Freep's Lions in 5 days. And the last comment before that? two weeks ago.

So rejoice, oh beleagered fans of yore, you are doing the best thing possible: absolutely nothing.

Prince Amukura or Patrick Peterson, here we come!!!!!!

what are the odds on the Thanksgiving game.. is it a rigid rule that the Lions get to play on Thanksgiving every year?

I don't think it is rule so much as a tradition, and the mother' milk of football, is tradition. However, mother's milk can not compete with money. When the Lions stink up the tv, viewership tumbles, fewer viewers, less money.

The NFL would throw every mother into a ditch if there was a threat to their oversized wallets. Expect the game to be pulled in a year or so; then give it another couple years and the parade will disappear along with everything else.

Have no fear. The Lions will always play on Thanksgiving day. The league has already worked around us by scheduling two more games on the same day. 9:30am isn't exactly prime time on the West coast anyway. There's a reason for that huge Ford billboard in Dallas' new stadium. They are one of the NFL's biggest sponsors, and the league won't risk losing that cash.

Absolutely! And that is also the same reason why Detroit has hosted 2 Super bowls!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Have no fear. The Lions will always play on Thanksgiving day. The league has already worked around us by scheduling two more games on the same day. 9:30am isn't exactly prime time on the West coast anyway. There's a reason for that huge Ford billboard in Dallas' new stadium. They are one of the NFL's biggest sponsors, and the league won't risk losing that cash.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl

Please vote for Ndamukong Suh, Calvin Johnson, Alphonso Smith and Kyle Vanden Bosch. The rest of them do not deserve to go.

Lions are playing near perfect for the first half. Giving Hill lot of time and D is playing super.

Ooops!, The real lions showed up in the second half.

DO NOT VOTE for Alphonso Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post

Please vote for Ndamukong Suh, Calvin Johnson, Alphonso Smith and Kyle Vanden Bosch. The rest of them do not deserve to go.

Tom Brady's stats for the game: TDs 4, Passing Yards 344, ran fingers through hair 15.

Dear Ford family,

Please sell the team...

Regards,

Detroit Fans

Schwartz, should be let go after this season. It's apparent, he is not head coach material. He may be a better position coach, but shows not even a little sign, that he is head coaching material. His antics are getting to look more and more like Marinelli. Camera caught him yelling into the mike, "What the Fook, just happened?'. If he doesn't know by now, he'll never get it. Ford should start with that J, ASS, Jinx, Dan Miller, and then dust Schwartz, but Ford could give hoot, he's making bigtime money on throwing us morsels of lion dung. We keep coming back with open mouths. Wait til next year, and the next, and the next.
    Last edited by Big Dog; November-25-10 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Schwartz, should be let go after this season. It's apparent, he is not head coach material. He may be a better position coach, but shows not even a little sign, that he is head coaching material. His antics are getting to look more and more like Marinelli. Camera caught him yelling into the mike, "What the Fook, just happened?'. If he doesn't know by now, he'll never get it.
    If your only criteria for getting rid of a second year coach is that he's also learning on the job, then there would never be any great coaches. Sure Schwartz has bungled some calls but then so has every other coach in the league- from the Hall of Famers to the not-so-greats. Did you really expect him to out duel Bill Belichick & the mighty New England machine?

I personally admire the guy for some of the things he tried to do here. He's at least giving an honest attempt to change the culture here. He doesn't go off giving stupid quotes and quirky anecdotes to the media [[unlike Marinelli). He doesn't disclose the team's injuries to the press [[unlike Marinelli). He hasn't hired a relative to be a coach [[unlike Marinelli). He doesn't have an assistant coach drive through a fast food restaurant in the nude and retain him [[unlike Marinelli). And he hasn't been afraid to bench players [[unlike Marinelli). He might not be getting the job done to our fan's expectations just yet but he's not a Rod Marinelli by any stretch. Jim Schwartz isn't perfect by any stretch but he's learning the ropes too.

Oooo.. so the camera caught Schwartz dropping the F bomb on the side lines. That's more reason to ditch him? I think not. Could it be it was a rhetorical question being asked by him in disgust? Could it be that we sitting at home had better angles to the play than he did on the side line and he was calling up to ask his staff in the press box? Don't be so naive and think he was asking that out of football ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Ford should start with that J, ASS, Jinx, Dan Miller, and then dust Schwartz, but Ford could give hoot, he's making bigtime money on throwing us morsels of lion dung. We keep coming back with open mouths. Wait til next year, and the next, and the next.
    Who the hell is this "J, ASS, Jinx"? Care to stop speaking in Doggie Speak and just give us names and your valid reasons? I'm not a huge fan of Dan Miller either so I do the logical thing- I don't listen to him. It's actually that easy. Duh. And quite honestly if I didn't want to root for my hometown team, I'd turn them off as well. Just close your mouth up so the morsels don't drop in, shut up and walk away.

I was shocked to see that the Lions actually held their own against the Pats up until the 3rd quarter. I thought they'd be blown away by then. For three quarters they hung around. New England obviously adjusted and the Lions didn't or more than likely couldn't. Better talent generally overcomes the weaker team and if anyone thought the Lions had a chance against a Tom Brady led team, they were delusional.

Ah, just like the Lions ... now we start attacking each other.

----
    Every week I'm putting on my boby laine jersey, strapping on the leather and rooting for a bunch of guys who will go out of thier way to lose. Some teams find a way to win, the Lions find a way to lose. In fact, they will search the history books just to make sure they don't re-use a particular method.

Next week they will have an asteroid fall on them as time runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post

I'm sure Brady would love to go up against Alphonso again in the Pro Bowl.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast