Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm hesitant to reveal the poor schmuck's name lest he be ridiculed in this public forum.
    TSom: PM me and I'll tell you privately.
    You know those classroom cans we had. Steel, about 30 inches tall. The nun made him sit in there, his feet came straight up and his butt went down in the can.

On a brighter note, it must be remembered that lay teachers also had free reign to "discipline" students.
    This one time, [[not in band camp)A male teacher heard me singing the Faygo Red Pop song in class. He stopped his lesson. He ordered me to the front of the room.
    Up I went to the blackboard where he was standing with my best "aw shucks" look on my face.
    In a move that is the moral equivalent of ripping your opponents heart out and showing it to him before he dies, teacher, eraser in hand, smacked me in the face with that eraser. The chalk dust laden eraser blew up a cloud of chalk dust that covered me and the kids in the first couple of rows.
    After the dust began to settle one could make out the image of me, in full whiteface, standing there stupified. I eventually took my seat, glad I wasn't sent into the "Human Garbage" can. Ahhh, the Wonder Years indeed.
    Last edited by Rumblefish; April-03-09 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I'm hesitant to reveal the poor schmuck's name lest he be ridiculed in this public forum.
    TSom: PM me and I'll tell you privately.
    You know those classroom cans we had. Steel, about 30 inches tall. The nun made him sit in there, his feet came straight up and his butt went down in the can.

On a brighter note, it must be remembered that lay teachers also had free reign to "discipline" students.
    This one time, [[not in band camp)Mr.Joseph heard me singing the Faygo Red Pop song in class. He stopped his lesson. He ordered me to the front of the room.
    Up I went to the blackboard where he was standing with my best "aw shucks" look on my face.
    In a move that is the moral equivalent of ripping your opponents heart out and showing it to him before he dies, Joseph, eraser in hand, smacked me in the face with that eraser. The chalk dust laden eraser blew up a cloud of chalk dust that covered me and the kids in the first couple of rows.
    After the dust began to settle one could make out the image of me, in full whiteface, standing there stupified. I eventually took my seat, glad I wasn't sent into the "Human Garbage" can. Ahhh, the Wonder Years indeed.
    I got the waste basket treatment at Burbank when I was [[wait for it) 6 years old. I was talking to someone in class, and the teacher, Miss Sauer, caught me and put me in a waste basket in the hallway. She must have been a convent reject.

While we are talking about the good sister. thought I'd retrieve this from the old archives.

CFG did you actually say this? Unbelievable how perceptions are so varied.

Actually, Sr. ER wasn't such a bad sort most of the time. I believe I took this picture with my Instamatic - without the flashcube - in the courtyard between 100 and the gym. I remember that she was almost the top vote getter in the Detroit News "Teacher's Apple" award. Students had to fill in forms and send them in, nominating their favorite teacher. The reason I remember this, is that she came in under the principal of Sacred Heart - Mr. Corbett - and my cousin's were rubbing it in that their teacher beat our teacher in votes. Don't ask me how I remember THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post

While we are talking about the good sister. thought I'd retrieve this from the old archives.
    Zitro, where do you get these pictures?

BigSis

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Zitro, where do you get these pictures?

BigSis

I copied them off the old thread, they are CFG's