Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Congrats UM BBall

Speaking as a Spartan, I want to congratulate the Wolverines on a well-earned Big 10 title. Growing up I hated UM, but I've come to realize that I can love MSU without hating UM. I'll always root for MSU against UM, but I'll like my fellow Michiganders when playing the outside world. And, of course, I will always hate Ohio State.

I don't like these post-season tourneys. I always figure if my team wins the tourney then they are due for an early loss in the main event. Probably no logic to that however. Seemed weird playing the Big 10 championship in Washington.

hopefully U-M and MSU men's team will do well in the tournament, though they're situated in the same bracket this time around. So we'll see what happens. what's happening with the ladies' teams?

only wish the tournament had some games in Detroit/Michigan. could make for a storybook season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    hopefully U-M and MSU men's team will do well in the tournament, though they're situated in the same bracket this time around. So we'll see what happens. what's happening with the ladies' teams?
    MSU is a 9 seed in the women's tournament, the same as they are in the men's. They will play #8 Arizona State on Friday night at 7:30 EDT in Stockton CA, a little less than 2 hours before the male Spartans take the floor against Miami in Tulsa. UM was not invited, and it was very likely MSU's win over the Wolverines in the Big 10 tournament quarterfinal that put them out.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; March-13-17 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Noisewater View Post
    only wish the tournament had some games in Detroit/Michigan. could make for a storybook season.
    Next year, we'll have some early round games at the Little Caesars Arena.