Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Well work has already started, and the developers just won a gap financing grant that only gets awarded to projects close to being fully funded. The developers say they have "99%" of the financing in order already.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...g/72173567007/

Anything can happen and I understand the skepticism here, but so far everything looks and sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gratiotfaced View Post
    Well work has already started, and the developers just won a gap financing grant that only gets awarded to projects close to being fully funded. The developers say they have "99%" of the financing in order already.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...g/72173567007/

Anything can happen and I understand the skepticism here, but so far everything looks and sounds pretty good.
    I am thinking of tge firmer Packard Plant. How many developers had plans for it that fell through?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I am thinking of tge firmer Packard Plant.
    They're both historic automotive plants, so I understand why you'd think that, but that's where the similarities end.

Packard Plant never had a development progress to CBO meetings, never secured enough financing to win a gap grant, never started site prep and demolition work, and was located miles away from any other revitalization project. Heck, I don't think they even bothered to hire architects or put out renderings, which is kind of the bare minimum to launch a development.

Good points. Hope this goes thru!

Quote Originally Posted by gratiotfaced View Post
    Packard Plant never had a development progress to CBO meetings, never secured enough financing to win a gap grant, never started site prep and demolition work, and was located miles away from any other revitalization project. Heck, I don't think they even bothered to hire architects or put out renderings, which is kind of the bare minimum to launch a development.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I am thinking of tge firmer Packard Plant. How many developers had plans for it that fell through?
    You cannot really base it on Packard plant,it was never really a developable project as it stood because of title issues and the cities vow to never allow it to be developed.