Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebay could have a problem on their hands if they don't shape up. I encounter people all the time who would rather sell stuff on Craig's list rather then deal with eBay / Pay Pal.

Quote: "Ebay could have a problem on their hands if they don't shape up."

I think they already have a problem. Why the increased fees a few years ago and greedy policy changes. Their thinking is if they entice buyers it will increase sellers. I think they're wrong. They ticked me off once and fired off an email to them, that they need to realize they are nothing but some software and mainstream advertising and easily emulated. I'm sure they laughed, but I felt better.

Like the whole "Ebay motors" scam. From my understanding Ebay motors which has much higher fees and they try to divert you to at every juncture is not even part of Ebay or so I was told. Too much smoke and mirrors with them. I'm amazed some investors haven't given them some competition. There have been a few humble attempts, but nothing with any teeth.

They have set up an almost impenetrable corporate fortress though, entwining Ebay, Amazon, OUR post office [[which we should all take issue with) and PayPal. So much for a free market on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    I encounter people all the time who would rather sell stuff on Craig's list rather then deal with eBay / Pay Pal.
    eBay owns at least 25% of Craigslist.

Looks like an anti-trust suit is in order. Break it up or shut it down.

They sure are something else, I agree they need to be taken down a notch. I will be calling the Nebraska Atty General if the "Pay Pal Appeals Process" takes much longer or does not refund all the money I was rooked out of. I'll be damned if I'm going to take a $300 kick in the teeth so they can give crooked buyers a warm fuzzy.

Their owning part of Craigs List is fine so long as they don't force pay pal on those users.

ccbatson Guest

You are joking right? Do you have any idea how many auction sites there are?

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    How many eBay sellers out there are fed up with the lack of respect eBay / Pay Pal shows sellers? In the ten plus years I've been selling on eBay I've had to deal with fee increases, inaccurate shipping calculators that error in favor of the buyer, mandatory use of pay pal so eBay can charge fees a second time, and now I learn that pay pal assures no questions asked refunds [[funded by seller of course) to shady buyers.
    I loved Ebay when I first started using it 11 years ago. Then a lot of my exotic hobbies [[classic arcade games, firetrucks just to name a couple) took a hit in value due to the ease of supply. I understood that, no problem I got stuff cheaper as well. Then I had Paypal, no problem until Ebay bought it. I agree that the fees and mandatory Paypal are ridiculous. I do not use Ebay much anymore. I really had it when they changed the feedback system so sellers could not leave negative feedback. Countless times I have not been paid and have had no way to report it to the community. If negatives were allowed I probably would have known what to expect. I was screwed on three deals close together when Paypal refunded money to crooked buyers!

I have been selling merchandise on Ebay for about 5 years...so far I haven't had any problems with Ebay, PayPal, or any of my customers. I have 100% positive feedback. The extra money really helps out since I retired.

ccbatson Guest

Paypal is dwindling in popularity from the escalating fees....it should self correct by market forces, less sellers and buyers utilizing this payment service.

andybsg Guest

I have never sold on ebay but have purchased quite often. I was unaware of the unhappiness on the sellers' side of the equation. I hope this get worked out, I like purchasing on Ebay.

Lorax Guest

Papal is an unregulated bank, formed during the years of the Bush Crime Family, and created by the former CEO of Ebay, the fascist Meg Whitman.

It was designed to fleece the consumer, and hold hostage buyers and sellers. The result was Whitman being paid 60 million bucks to leave Ebay or face a no-confidence vote by the board of directors.

Now she thinks she's qualified to be Governor of California, or a state senator. She will no doubt use the billions she's accumulated during her tenure to buy the office of her choosing, much as Michael Bloomberg did as mayor of NYC.

Now with Ebay's fortunes tanking due to their own insistence on using Paypal as the only means by which one can transact business, hopefully the time is ripe for another major online marketplace. It wouldn't take much to improve on the disaster caused by the fascist Whitman.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post
    I have been selling merchandise on Ebay for about 5 years...so far I haven't had any problems with Ebay, PayPal, or any of my customers. I have 100% positive feedback. The extra money really helps out since I retired.
    I'm jealous!

Within the last few years I've been ripped off probably to the tune of a few hundred bucks already- from dishonest sellers and buyers. And then tack on fees imposed by Paypal and the listing fees? Probably tack on a few more sheckels there too.

I still shop there but not as often as I used to. It used to be somewhat fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Papal is an unregulated bank, formed during the years of the Bush Crime Family, and created by the former CEO of Ebay, the fascist Meg Whitman.

It was designed to fleece the consumer, and hold hostage buyers and sellers. The result was Whitman being paid 60 million bucks to leave Ebay or face a no-confidence vote by the board of directors.

Now she thinks she's qualified to be Governor of California, or a state senator. She will no doubt use the billions she's accumulated during her tenure to buy the office of her choosing, much as Michael Bloomberg did as mayor of NYC.

Now with Ebay's fortunes tanking due to their own insistence on using Paypal as the only means by which one can transact business, hopefully the time is ripe for another major online marketplace. It wouldn't take much to improve on the disaster caused by the fascist Whitman.
    I'm not a big fan of PayPal, but if you're going to criticize something, at least get the facts straight and criticize them over something valid.

Paypal actually began in March 2000 [[technically, about 6 weeks into the Bush administration, although I doubt that GWB was involved). Paypal was not begun by ebay or Meg Whitman, it was a small company called x.com. Ebay bought Paypal in 2002, because their attempt at online payment [[billpoint) was unsuccessful. The creators of paypal walked away with a tidy $1-2 billion.

While paypal is not a bank, it is subject to EFT and patriot act financial regulations.

Lorax Guest

Papal enjoys the protections of a bank, but none of the restrictions. If they did, they would have been put out of business years ago, with the ongoing instances of fraud. By not listing it as a bank they avoid this, but are allowed to charge and profit as a bank. It's a gray area used by alot of businesses, not only Paypal.

The system is fraught with irregularities and outright fraud, I know, I was a near victim of it, but thankfully closed my account to prevent the fraud from happening at the hands of Ebay employees.

The policies of right wing politicians, who had control of congress as far back as 1994 blew open the doors of deregulation of big business, of which Meg Whitman and Ebay were players.

Meg Whitman was the CEO and authorized the purchase of this business, and morphed it into the Paypal we all know and love today, [[choke).
    Last edited by Lorax; December-13-09 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    I'm not a big fan of PayPal, but if you're going to criticize something, at least get the facts straight and criticize them over something valid.

Paypal actually began in March 2000 [[technically, about 6 weeks into the Bush administration, although I doubt that GWB was involved). Paypal was not begun by ebay or Meg Whitman, it was a small company called x.com. Ebay bought Paypal in 2002, because their attempt at online payment [[billpoint) was unsuccessful. The creators of paypal walked away with a tidy $1-2 billion.

While paypal is not a bank, it is subject to EFT and patriot act financial regulations.

"Amen" Those are the facts! With that being said I have been fleeced and used to love selling on Ebay. 12 feedbacks in the last 12 months. Down from over 200 a year! If that doesn't tell the story one person at a time, I do not know what will!

ccbatson Guest

I don't see how Paypal offers the breadth of services to be considered a bank.

Batts, it doesn't. Lorax is just talking out her backside again. If Paypal was as bad as she said it was, it would have been shut down years ago. They are a US company and have to abide by the law like any US business. Ask any states' public service commission.

I think people fail to realize that selling on Ebay to make a profit is operating a retail business. As such, you're occasionally going to lose money on a sale. Whether it's due to an unreasonable buyer, defective product or a criminal act by the buyer it's part of the game for every one in the business of selling.

Lorax Guest

Sorry, Batts, Miss Moo is talking out of her backside again- contributing way too much to greenhouse gases at this point. Gee it stinks in here.

Paypal is an unregulated bank. Period.

Read any complaint thread on Paypal out there, it will tell you the same. Glad to hear Miss Bluebell hasn't had a problem with them yet, when she does, she'll moo a different tune.

Had one really bad experience with internet fraud being committed by Paypal, and the seller, and as a buyer had to report it, and after numerous attempts to contact a real person, it took a threat to get someone to talk with me.

Paypal will not respond, or attempt to correct a situation. They have the protections and advantages of any fully accredited bank to proccess credit card transactions, and use deposited funds in Paypal accounts as a bank would- to invest in anything they see fit.

Don't delude yourselves. The years of deregulation of banks and other so-called financial institutions bled over into Paypal, and knowing how loved Meg Whitman is in the Rethuglican party, she had special leverage in this department- and was asked to leave with a 60 million dollar payday after fucking up the works so badly at Ebay.

Quote: "Gee it stinks in here."

You must lay awake all night dreaming up these knockdown comebacks.

Lorax Guest

No, with you around it only takes seconds, Mary.

The "knockdown" is precisely what I get from the odor after one of your posts.

I guess you've got no retort for the substance of the thread, eh? Thanks for playing.

LOL....lol....ha.....lol <---- What I was doing as I read this thread over again... Another one you got owned on by several posters. Entertaining.

Lorax Guest

Anyone got a padded room for Moomoo?

LMMFAO!

ccbatson Guest

bank2  [bangk] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. an institution for receiving, lending, exchanging, and safeguarding money and, in some cases, issuing notes and transacting other financial business.

No lending, no safeguarding [[2 out of 4).

Paypal is just an internet based wire service, and nothing more. Anyone that thinks their PayPal account is some sort of bank account, knows jack-shit about banking. Millions of people transfer millions of dollars via PayPal without a hitch. If PayPal were indeed "stealing" from people, the FTC and individual states' public service commissions would be on them like a cheap suit, all over them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast