This thread proves that the future of MCS is always a lively discussion. And I enjoy hearing the discussion of Matty, Amtrak, Corktown, and all of the other variables that come into the equation. Like many people here, I have been all over the world and marveled at the use of grand, historic train stations, many of which are busier today than ever before. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of really busy train corridors in the US, and Detroit does not lie on one of them. I sensed a year ago [[just around the time Obama/Biden were elected) that there might be a renewed interest in US passenger train service, but it seems the amount of fed funds being directed towards rail still pale in comparison to highway spending. So, as someone earlier noted, we continue to fund the most unsustainable methods of transport.

One attractive quality of MCS is the direct tunnel link to Canada. This tunnel could be used for a commuter line for Windsor citizens, and for a non-stop train to Toronto. This is radical, but imagine if the new Red Wings stadium were tastefully built in the immediate proximity of MCS [[so that it managed to blend in more with the area). Our friends in Windsor could take the train over on game nights [[make passport control seamless), grab dinner in Corktown or Mexicantown, then stroll over to the stadium. Sure, it's cold in the winter, but hockey fans are tough.