Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Growing up in NW Detroit in the Eight Mile/Meyers Rd area in the mid 60's, there was a former car dealer in what is now Ideal Conversions right next to a Hospital, a Enterprise car rental store and a Burger King, a half a block down from the now defunct Northwestern Dodge. Can anyone tell me what dealer it was?? Thx.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-02-09 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Growing up in NW Detroit in the Eight Mile/Meyers Rd area in the mid 60's, there was a former car dealer in what is now Ideal Conversions right next to a Hospital, a Enterprise car rental store and a Burger King, a half a block down from the now defunct Northwestern Dodge. Can anyone tell me what dealer it was?? Thx.

Nobody could come up with anything on this dealer? Oh well........

If the Don Massey Used Car dealership is the one I am thinking about, Then when I was young it was Hall Dodds, Another name in Detroit Car Dealer history.My folks bought 2 cars from them. One of them ended up as my first car.. I have to look at the sign today when I drive by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Nobody could come up with anything on this dealer? Oh well........
    There was a Volvo dealer there in the 80's, not sure what cars were sold there in the 60's.

Default old car dealers

buiding on 8 mile was Auto Village Volvo until 1988 when Ideal Customs moved in. I believe it was originally built by Marv Tamaroff in the 60's