Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ccbatson Guest

Get ready for a world of hurt d.mcc...are you ready? Here it comes...better sit down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWp4FqRwb_0

It must stink to be you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I always thought "treason" referred to conscious efforts made to subvert, undermine, and overthrow the government of the United States of America. Little did I know, it also means refusing to believe the lies propagated by an alcoholic cocaine-addicted President!

You learn something new every day!
    I was referring to mrrichard's assertion that Democrats didn't want to win the war. That treads close to an accusation of treason--or, to be more precise, subversion--from where I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    The war in Iraq is over between the US ad Sadam, and now between the US and AlQaeda insurgents.
    So why are we still there?

The insurgents have moved to Afghanistan and Pakistan...Who says so? OBAMA.
    They moved to Pakistan long before Obama was president, [[KSM was caught where?)but to admit that would run contrary to your narrow world views.

ccbatson Guest

Not the point...however, yes, some went to Pakistan, the bulk went to Iraq, and now that Iraq is buttoned up, they went back to Afghanistan and Pakistan....LIKE I SAID, and proved [[to D.mcc's dismay).

Proof? You have provided nothing that would hold up in a U.S.Court of Law.

They went to Iraq because we were there. If you want to catch a fish, go where the fish are; if you want to kill Americans, go where the Americans are. What better opportunity? Much easier than trying to do it here in the USA.

I sometimes wonder if Bush didn't invade Iraq just to provide expendable decoys in the way of US personnel so the terrorists would be kept busy there instead of trying to come back here, thereby allowing him to claim he kept us free of terrorist attacks...but that would be cynical of me to think that, wouldn't it?

ccbatson Guest

Good...you agree with me then Elganned...we were in the right place in Iraq, and are in the right place in Afghanistan...now if Obama would just let his appointed generals do their job.

No, I don't think we agree, Cc.

The terrorists only flocked to Iraq after we invaded, because that's an easier place to kill Americans than, say, Hoboken.

Now that things are quieting down in Iraq somewhat, they've followed us to Afghanistan because now that's the easiest place to kill Americans. When we leave Afghansitan, so will they.

I don't see how that agrees with your analysis at all.

ccbatson Guest

We are not arguing the merits of going into Iraq, but the merits of doing the right thing in Afghanistan now...your description that puts the enemy now in Afghanistan and Pakistan is correct, and the logical conclusion is that this is the current front line. Obama believed that as well [[for 2 seconds or so)

We are arguing the merits of being in Afghanistan at all. In that context, we don't agree.

ccbatson Guest

Nor do you agree with Obama...until he flipped and flopped recently.

*shrug* Obama will have to do as he thinks best; whether I agree with him or not remains to be seen.

We are not arguing the merits of going into Iraq, but the merits of doing the right thing in Afghanistan now...your description that puts the enemy now in Afghanistan and Pakistan is correct, and the logical conclusion is that this is the current front line. Obama believed that as well [[for 2 seconds or so)
    he still does, always has. it HAS BEEN and STILL IS the main front against bi laden, et al. Iraq was a mind-numbingly stupid diversion from the proper goal by a mind-numbingly stupid president and a mind-numbingly corrupt vice-president

ccbatson Guest

OK...so, what is with the stall on compliance with the recommendations from McKrystal? BTW, the dithering costs in many ways like moral, momentum, and emboldening the enemy. Not to decide is to decide [[the opposite).

Maybe [[unlike you) he doesn't jump to conclusions without first looking at all the facts.

ccbatson Guest

Like the "stupid" police officers in New Hampshire? Can't have it both ways.

*sigh* Another red herring. You must be a seafood aficionado. We aren't discussing New Hampshire.

But then, you already knew that. You're losing, so you change the subject. Typical conservative response.

ccbatson Guest

Red Herring? The man says don't jump to conclusions before the evidence is in after doing exactly that 2 months earlier. HECK, he even pre-empted his conclusion jumping by saying he didn't have all of the facts.

There is a big difference between the 2 however...Obama jumps to conclusions impugning Police officers in the right [[a trivial matter), and asks the populace to give a mass murdering islamic terrorist the benefit of doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3