Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
I didn't want to start a separate thread about this....

On the block next door to the United Artists, at the Michigan Building, film crews were filming scenes for the movie HIGHLAND PARK USA in the former Michigan Theatre space.

Film crews and even commercial photographers are no stranger to the former Michigan.... one of the scenes in Eminem's 8 MILE movie was filmed there, as have several commercials and magazine ads. Hmmm... maybe I can get a list together....

Even 32 years after that fateful March 1977 day when the theatre space was disemboweled... it's still a hauntingly beautiful space that draws people from around the world to visit it...
I worked in the Michigan Theatre Building from 1978 to 1982. I parked in that 'garage' the last two years I worked there. On a couple of occasions, some of my co-workers and I went exploring through some of the back hallways and below stage storage areas. It's beyond sad what was left behind when they, as you so aptly described it, disemboweled the theatre space. Some day, as I'm now once again working downtown, I'll park there again. Just so I can revisit it.