Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
"It is definitely not the fabled "higher cost of maintenance and repairs." "

Says who besides you? I know one business owner in Madison Heights MI who rents high mileage cars for discounted rates. He exclusively uses Ford Tauruses and will not even consider more Camrys or Accords because when he did the maintenance costs ate him alive. $900 brake jobs vs. $250 brake jobs is one compelling example he cited. The cost to insure was also higher as when there was a need for collision work the japanese cars always cost more to get back on the road.

$900 for a brake job? How about this, I'll give him a deal, and do it for half off at $450.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
Says who besides you?

Still think foreign auto parts are more expensive than domestic? You said your friend rents higher mileage cars [[assuming late 90s, early 2000s). I quoted two 2000 model year cars, one American and one Foreign. These figures are straight from the Autozone's website with part numbers if you want to check them yourself. These are the cheapest options either model offered, no number games.

2000 Honda Accord - Brake Pads - DG465A - $34.99
2000 Honda Accord - Brake Rotor - 31243 - $21.99

2000 Ford Taurus - Brake Pads - DGC601 - $59.99
2000 Ford Taurus - Brake Rotor - DGR54010 - $49.99

As far as insurance costing more on a foreign car, this is what Forbes stated the top ten cheapest cars to insure:

1. Hyundai Santa Fe [[SUV): $832
  2. Kia Sportage [[SUV): $840
  3. Hyundai Entourage [[Minivan): $848
  4. Kia Sedona [[Minivan): $857
  5. Kia Rio5 [[Passenger): $857
  6. Honda Odyssey [[Minivan): $871
  7. Smart fortwo [[Passenger): $881
  8. Saturn Vue [[SUV): $911
  9. Mazda Tribute [[SUV): $913
  10. Chrysler Town & Country [[Minivan): $915

Look at that, the list is full of foreign companies. Also, as a car rental company, shouldn't the customers bring their own insurance or pay $X amount of dollars to buy insurance from him?

Maybe your friend should reconsider his fleet, it might just save him money!

Yes, thats what everyone else says, besides me.

-Tahleel