Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
I can understand people outside of Michigan buying foreign cars [[though I despise it), but I cannot understand buying a foreign car in Michigan, unless you work for one of the few foreign companies in the state.
Why should I prefer an American or Foreign car? The auto industry [[domestic or international) hasn't given me a dime. The reason I do not like American cars are most of them have uninspiring designs, horrible build quality and materials, and are generally unreliable.

The American auto industry built Michigan. You live in Michigan, you buy American. Period. Ford, GM, & Chrysler have built this state. They have sponsored every town's festival, little league teams, contributed millions to universities, contributed to the art's, etc. This, of course, on top of the millions of people they have employed, and pensioned forever.
That was then, this is now. If these automotive companies are so gun-ho about Michigan, why did they expand their plants to other states [[down south, West coast) and internationally? I know it might be hard to believe, but there are other companies in Michigan too, that aren't auto-related.

I don't get it. Michigan is in a depression because our number one industry is suffering, and some Michiganders respond by buying a Toyota, or a Kia, etc. Unbelievable and unacceptable.
Michigan's number one industry is suffering because it is uncompetitive. Michigan is suffering because we were too comfortable with the auto industry staying here, and didn't see what was obviously right in front of us. Why would one by an inferior product from a company that is uncompetitive with other companies? I'm sure the great Depression was started from buying foreign cars, although they weren't introduced to the American market until 40 years later.

Want to find a way to fix the state's budget shortfall and improve the Big 3? Find a way to tax the fuck out of foreign cars in Michigan.

Grrr.. Pisses me off.
Improve the Big 3 even more? You mean even more than the hundreds of billions of our tax dollars spent by bailing them out? What did they do? They paid off their creditors, and filed for bankruptcy anyways. Thanks for wasting my tax dollars!

This is ridiculous, and pisses me off.

-Tahleel