I thought I'd give the St. Jude Post another chance, this time with a few photos added periodically. St. Jude parish and school were at one time the largest in the Arch Diocese of Detroit with about 13,000 parishioners and more than 1600 students enrolled in grades 1-8 [[circa late 50s-60s). Some of the first and second grade classrooms had 61 students x 4 classes per grade [[over 240 students per grade)... I know, I was one of them. 31 nuns, 4 priests and 2 visiting priests tended to the school and parish. The photo below is of Sr. Leonita [[1963), the principal 1960-67. A few months ago the Michigan Catholic ran an article about her. At the time she was 104 yrs old living in Adrian..a writer of children's books and a big Red Wing fan.

Please share a few of your St. Jude memories. If you know of anyone who is not a member of the Discuss Detroit Forum and were a member of St. Jude ask them to join. Hopefully, this post will continue on. St. Jude was and still is a rich part of the northeast Detroit community,