Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Brush Park saddens me with all the empty lots. I would love to see some pictures of the neighborhood back in the day.

Thank you for the pictures Retroit. BP has always been one of my favorite parts of
    Detroit. I remember the area in the 60's and 70's. It was rough then but there were many more of the old homes standing. I've never understood why we let that area decay. Irreplaceable in my opinion.

You might find this site interesting: http://63alfred.com/chapter1.htm

While the website refers to the house as 63 Alfred, it is the Ransom Gillis House. The old address before the address change swas 65, so I am not sure why the website uses 63. Perhaps the website explains, but it is too late for me to figure that out now!

Also, check out this thread from the old Forum, which discusses the house and has some pictures from during and shortly after the mothballing.

Great stuff Cman. Thank you.