Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 94 of 263 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 6559

The event was a May Crowning

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    . Also - Polish Dinner/Parish Raffle will be held after the 11:00 Mass on Sunday, November 22nd. Thought being, it's more of a family mass/family dinner - and the winning ticket holders will have some Christmas shopping cash! Let me know who wants tickets! $25/ea - chance at $7500 Grand prize!
    CFG - Count K and I in on the dinner.
    I'll take two tix. Let me know when I can pick them up.

Thanks, MKap! We're waiting for our Raffle License from Lansing before we can get the tickets printed - but I will DEFINITELY keep 2 aside for you and keep your table reserved! Hopefully, JC and T, and B and I will be able to sit down and all visit at this next Polish dinner. We're getting more practice on a smooth kitchen to table delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Thanks, MKap! We're waiting for our Raffle License from Lansing before we can get the tickets printed - but I will DEFINITELY keep 2 aside for you and keep your table reserved! Hopefully, JC and T, and B and I will be able to sit down and all visit at this next Polish dinner. We're getting more practice on a smooth kitchen to table delivery!
    We'll do our best to be there.

Plenty of time to plan - we can talk about it more later..

where is everybody today? everyone leave school before the erasers got clapped? 5 demerits to everyone!

Hey, I'm going down to the church tomorrow for Mass and sloppy joes, so no demerits for me, dude.

Yesterday marked one year since Dave [[7_and_kelly_kid) passed.

Eternal rest grant unto him, oh Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Yesterday marked one year since Dave [[7_and_kelly_kid) passed.

Eternal rest grant unto him, oh Lord.
    ...Amen...

Awfully quiet around here.

Glad to report that I got a Polish food fix on Sunday. We didn't make it to Polonia in time [[they close at 7pm on Sunday), but we found that Under the Eagle was serving. The food was pretty good, but it was a bit stifling inside. I'll make it to Polonia next time, and will write an essay comparing and contrasting the two restaurants.

Anybody got a cartridge fountain pen I can borrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Awfully quiet around here.

Glad to report that I got a Polish food fix on Sunday. We didn't make it to Polonia in time [[they close at 7pm on Sunday), but we found that Under the Eagle was serving. The food was pretty good, but it was a bit stifling inside. I'll make it to Polonia next time, and will write an essay comparing and contrasting the two restaurants.

Anybody got a cartridge fountain pen I can borrow?
    I think Eastburn can help you with the fountain pen.
    We're all waiting on the Polish restaurant comparison. You have a captive audience.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    I think Eastburn can help you with the fountain pen.
    We're all waiting on the Polish restaurant comparison. You have a captive audience.
    As long as it's an Esterbrook. You get your choice of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    As long as it's an Esterbrook. You get your choice of colors.
    Why green, of course!

Why green, of course!
    Never a doubt.

These are the ones we used. Sheaffer's fountain pens. Usually red, green or blue barrel

I LOVED those pens! I had a blue and a clear one ---the clear one was my "cool" one - though all of them splooshed ink out at any given moment. Putting in a new ink cartridge - always an adventure.

I always had the green one. Stupid question, anyone know if you can still buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    I always had the green one. Stupid question, anyone know if you can still buy them?
    My fingers are turning blue just looking at it!

Amazon has the cartridges and some pens, although the pens look to be a step up from the ones we had. Do you think that means they leak less?

Amazon has the cartridges and some pens, although the pens look to be a step up from the ones we had. Do you think that means they leak less?
    I hope not. That was half the fun.

Seriously ... what a blast from the past. During those lull times when the teachers were yammering on about something totally useless and boring, I used to take that thing apart and reassemble it. Come to think of it, I could still use something like that now for meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    I hope not. That was half the fun.

Seriously ... what a blast from the past. During those lull times when the teachers were yammering on about something totally useless and boring, I used to take that thing apart and reassemble it. Come to think of it, I could still use something like that now for meetings.
    So you're the one who messed up those new pristine formica topped desks.... And the "catechism kids" got blamed.

Poll: [[on a related note to the fountain pen discussion....Sorry girls, this is geared more toward the male audience)

Anyone use a pocket protector?

[[Me..Not till HS)

I had a pocket protector for a short time - my dad brought it home from work - Fruehauf - and I thought it was cool. Got rid of it as I thought it made my shirt pocket heavy. As for the desk tops, I remember the old wooden lift tops what had the ink bottle holes, always had a small student made hole between the wooden slats that I used to put my pen tip in. Could you imagine a school with those pens today? I would think there would be more "incidents" of flying ink than before.

this talk about the pens got me thinking. what did everyone use to carry your books? my sister and I had those plaid plastic book bags with a zipper top mom got from the school. in the winter, they cracked, and in the summer, they stuck to our arms.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Anyone use a pocket protector?
    No, but my Texas Instruments calculator was at the ready in it's holster.

Page 94 of 263 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 ... LastLast