[quote=SMRJim;5835]Kent Drugs was there too for many years. Had a couple of friends who worked there. My mom did her shopping at that A & P for some time after they closed the one on Grand River near Sussex [[we lived near Grand River and Greenfield). I remember going to that McDonalds back when the sign said '6 million served' or whatever the numbers may have been at any given time, and watching the number go up from time to time. Now it's 'zillions and zillions' [[OK, maybe not, but billions anyway). They didn't have tables, just a counter you could stand at. That was the only fast food place in the area way back when, at least that I was aware of.[/quote
I remember that A&P store there too. While I didn't work or live in the area, I had a girlfriend that lived on Marlowe north of Intervale. This was in the fall of '69. One of my friends from school used to work at the downtown Farmington A&P and was sent to fill in at that store. I went in there and was mildly shocked on the small size of the store as I was used to the Farmington one.