I shop Aldi's weekly, and find its' prices pretty good. I find that the price of staples [eggs, milk] to be pretty low, and some produce I don't touch, but I do find that a lot of it is good value. I like their store brand pasta/sauce to be a good value. Soups are priced like elsewhere. One area that I do like are their frozen desserts and pizza.

Also, they have an import brand name called "Deutsche Küche" [German Kitchen], and get to try some unique European foods, especially their frozen items.

I also like their selection of European chocolates/bars. Mostly dark chocolate, with even truffles at a decent price.

The only negative I can say about them is that they will have some items that you really like... and then after months, they disappear from the shelves for long periods of time, or for good. They had large very good apple pies [not really sweet, the way I like it] for only $5.86... that were awesome... seasonal, now gone! And I loved their Belmont frozen Key Lime Pies... family raved about them... gone for good. And I loved their canned lower sodium [Country Kitchen] Chicken & Dumplings soup... gone for good!