Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A paltry two million in extra tax revenue is not worth the paranoia, sluggishness, unawareness, illiteracy, and obesity that marijuana has brought to this current generation of young people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    A paltry two million in extra tax revenue is not worth the paranoia, sluggishness, unawareness, illiteracy, and obesity that marijuana has brought to this current generation of young people.
    The report said "$266.2 million in tax revenue [to Michigan] during the most recent fiscal year"

P.S. Agreed, but it begs the question:

What made previous generations paranoid, sluggish, unaware, illiterate, and obese, not to mention violent?

Is this from personal experience, or have you watched Reefer Madness again?

I've been to a dispensary [just out of curiosity ], and I have to say that "young people" were in rather short supply among patrons!

It is nice that the criminal justice system has been freed up to handle real criminals!

It strikes me that we can subtract the emergency management costs from the recent fire in Clinton Twp. from the marijuana tax revenues, since that business likely would not exist without the surrounding pot industry.

Oh, and we can soon subtract this cost, too:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...s/72851436007/

Sure it is! You forgot to mention 'compliant' in you're list LOL!

Regarding literacy who needs that? Reading [and math] is 'whiteness' or acting white... so the prevailing view being pushed.

Again, culture and politics telling us [black people] what to do and think .

Last edited by Zacha341; March-07-24 at 11:42 AM.

I don't want to see a person get a felony for a joint or two etc. ruining their lives for future employment options, etc. Nope.

However, the impact on our kids and teenagers is very high -- especially vaping from some of these shops as we've seen recently.

Their use of marijuana has helped cut down academic achievement and interest where we already see their receptors for learning turned down!

That's some of the 'madness' going on in some classrooms.

Further, a segment of marijuana products is marketed to this group [choice of catchy vector graphics on packaging, brand naming].

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Is this from personal experience, or have you watched Reefer Madness again?

I've been to a dispensary [just out of curiosity ], and I have to say that "young people" were in rather short supply among patrons!

It is nice that the criminal justice system has been freed up to handle real criminals!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-07-24 at 05:54 AM.

America Voices: Study Finds Daily Marijuana Use Outpaces Alcohol in U.S.

https://www.theonion.com/study-finds...u-s-1851497666

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The report said "$266.2 million in tax revenue [to Michigan] during the most recent fiscal year"

P.S. Agreed, but it begs the question:

What made previous generations paranoid, sluggish, unaware, illiterate, and obese, not to mention violent?

Lead poisoning and bad food. Maybe throw in some alcohol.

But seriously, the dose makes the poison. Most adults can probably use some amount of cannabis without any problem, but some people [[as with all things) use to excess. What that means we should do about it, I'm not sure. Making it illegal again doesn't really seem like a great idea.

My opinion is that while it's reasonable to make things like cannabis and gambling legal, it's bad to have them advertised, and that shouldn't be allowed. I also think things that are fine to be legal can be too easy to get, for the same reason that I wouldn't want someone to leave a bowl of M&Ms or Cheez-Its out next to me at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    ...Cheez-Its out next to me at all times.
    I was in agreement till you disrespected Cheez-Its AKA a Philosopher's Stone that turns base metals into gold.

Philosopher's stone - Wikipedia

I was in agreement till you disrespected Cheez-Its AKA a Philosopher's Stone that turns base metals into gold.

Philosopher's stone - Wikipedia
    I have the greatest respect for Cheez-Its. I simply don't think it's a good idea for me to eat them in vast quantities.

America Voices: Study Finds Daily Marijuana Use Outpaces Alcohol in U.S.

https://www.theonion.com/study-finds...u-s-1851497666
    Okay, that was from The Onion. But it's true!

USA Today:
    Study says more Americans smoke marijuana daily than drink alcohol

Yea wait until MADD opens up a new chapter MASD - Mothers against stoned drivers.

Our last night club was in the mid 80s there was a noticeable difference when the new laws came out and increased penalties for DWI ,that had an effect on the number of people out drinking then weed will ever.

You do not risk losing you license for 3 years and increased insurance rates for 5 ,the average DWI cost $10k

Most states DUI is a misdemeanor until you get 3 or more then it becomes a felony.

30 years if a public campaign against drinking,lawsuits,pills,crack and meth removed a lot of past people from the drinking pool.

Not sure though,seems like there was a lot more people smoking weed in the 60s n 70s then now.

But with school starting up again so do the weekly reports of school children going to the hospital because somebody brought gummies in to school and poor kids did not know what hit them.

I ate one for my back to see if it helps,it was about the same as smoking a pinch of PCP back in the day,that’s insane,people do not need to be blasted like that,cannot even imagine a child eating one.

But at the end of the day most smoke shops only profit from the illegal sales so all they are doing is allowing the smoke shops to launder the cash ,that’s how they are raising the tax money,not by legalizing weed,but using the weed to legalize washing money so they can tax it.

It’s legalized money laundering.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-24 at 06:14 PM.

Only an idiot would attempt to compare a single 10mg edible to PCP in any way, shape, or form.

Not sure though,seems like there was a lot more people smoking weed in the 60s n 70s then now.
    Excuse me, a 'misinformed idiot'.

Name:  lovejoy.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  31.5 KB

Only an idiot would call somebody else an idiot while hiding on the internet because they know they would be the idiot if they actually said it to somebody’s face.

Must be stoned in that reply to even claim it was a 10mg but that’s the difference,I smoked the PCP and I ate the 100mg gummy So I can base it on actual experience or I can ACT like an idiot and put some stupid comment on the internet while calling somebody else an idiot based on a made up analysis.

Then add some stupid meme on there because I am incapable of original thought so I have to steal others,because I am so stoned I cannot think for myself.

Lots of people grew up in the 60s n 70s when weed was decriminalized and you could carry up to 1/4 lb on you as long as it was personal consumption and you did not have a scale or baggies on you,how do you think the use of the finger weighing scale came about?

You do not need a scale to weigh out a 5 finger bag.

You call yourself bong man - We were in the basement testing prototype bongs with the guy that became one of the largest bong manufacturers in the country back in the seventies.

You are not the only one in existence that has experimented with drugs,granted my knowledge is limited because the largest pile I ever sat on was 25,000 lbs.
    Last edited by Richard; May-25-24 at 10:14 AM.

'Richard'....The Internet poster who constantly makes you aware that our future A.I. interactions shouldn't be anything to fear. It can't get any worse.

Lots of people grew up in the 60s n 70s when weed was decriminalized and you could carry up to 1/4 lb on you as long as it was personal consumption and you did not have a scale or baggies on you,how do you think the use of the finger weighing scale came about?
    Oh screw it. It's Noon on a Holiday weekend. Reading that nonsense just made me pop an early edible in honor of John Sinclair. RIP original Dude. I do it for you!

You do not need a scale to weigh out a 5 finger bag.
    Actually you do, but I only need one to wave at you.

Sad life where one needs to look for reasons or excuses to get stoned.

You would have to be stoned to need a scale to figure out a five finger bag unless you have little girl hands and are shorting people which at that point is does not matter which one you wave at anybody because most would just consider the source,I guess weed is no different then alcohol,some can handle it with a level of maturity while others clearly cannot.

You went out of your way,on a holiday weekend,to go online and call somebody else an idiot,when you did not even have a clue.

People smoke weed for different reasons,some enjoy the buzz,some do it for pain relief and others do it to escape from the reality of what type of person they are and they do it to numb the guilt of just not being a decent person,they do it so they can live with themselves.

It usually does not take much to distinguish who is doing what for what reason.

But age has a lot to do with it,when you are in high school you actually believe giving somebody the finger has any meaning,as one matures and learns how to communicate like a mature adult,it becomes more of a trait of ignorance,but bless your heat if you feel it has any relevance,as long as it does to you that is all that matters.

Maybe in your circles it is cool ,but most that I know view it as low class ghetto.

It’s like - look at me I am giving you the finger,yea so what,if that is the best you can do it’s pretty lame.
    Last edited by Richard; May-25-24 at 02:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2