Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret's boy View Post
    I would love to see better links between Detroit and Windsor. New York City has subway lines incorporated into all the major bridges except for the Brooklyn bridge. What about an LRT line for the Gordie Howe? Is it feasible?
    That would have likely required a lot more engineering before being built. You also have the issue that the Gordie Howe isn't really near anything on either side that people would want to be visiting, so is this rail going all to way to each downtown? Quite costly just to get over the border without a car especially considering there is a bus that goes between both cities through the tunnel already.

I say bring back the gondola! I would settle for water taxis though.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    That would have likely required a lot more engineering before being built. You also have the issue that the Gordie Howe isn't really near anything on either side that people would want to be visiting, so is this rail going all to way to each downtown? Quite costly just to get over the border without a car especially considering there is a bus that goes between both cities through the tunnel already.

I say bring back the gondola! I would settle for water taxis though.
    Maybe some kind of deal could be worked out one day where a passenger/tourist line could use the Canadian rail line tracks to go back and forth from Detroit to Windsor. It would be cheaper to operate than anything else.

Found these beauties on r/Detroit, thought I would share them here

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-g55dhxaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-0s6ewwaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  242.6 KB

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-w5oyexaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  140.3 KB