Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I remember the Summer of 88. It was on a Saturday when the temperature had gotten over 100 degrees. I was on a DDOT bus. The one that was a DSR carryover where the windows opens and that didn't have air. It was hot on the crowded bus. Also the grass on the shoulders of the freeways caught fire for it was so dry and hot

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I remember the Summer of 88. It was on a Saturday when the temperature had gotten over 100 degrees. I was on a DDOT bus. The one that was a DSR carryover where the windows opens and that didn't have air. It was hot on the crowded bus. Also the grass on the shoulders of the freeways caught fire for it was so dry and hot
    Yes, I remember one very hot Saturday leaving my office in the Dime Building/Chrysler House. Another building in that area—I think it was NBD—had a clock on the side of the building that showed the temperature. I remember being surprised because it was 102°.