Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The one on Whittier was Sandcastles or Sandpipers in high school. All you had to have was a drivers license to get in. Later became the Pointe Athletic Club I think.

Quote Originally Posted by eastland View Post
    The one on Whittier was Sandcastles or Sandpipers in high school. All you had to have was a drivers license to get in. Later became the Pointe Athletic Club I think.
    You are correct about the name when you were going there, but in the early 70s it was known as the Royal Coach. It was owned by some members of a local bike club who shall remain nameless. After a little trouble there the name was changed, no doubt to erase negative images associated with the old name.

as someone mentioned,, it was the Royal Coach in the early 70s-- I remember those large JBL monitors hanging by chains from the celing .. --There was the half wall near the bar where you could also sit

Quote Originally Posted by alkiwat View Post
    as someone mentioned,, it was the Royal Coach in the early 70s-- I remember those large JBL monitors hanging by chains from the celing .. --There was the half wall near the bar where you could also sit
    The Royal Coach was one of my favorite places Those Jbl's kicked out some great sound. I'm glad those chains never broke. It was always busy in there