Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    RICHARD: "The city I now live in is much like Detroit where it is run by a click where the city workers do not want to be bothered by those taxpayers who pay their salaries,so I filed lawsuits against them to remind them of who they actually represent."

Thank you for keeping up with DetroitYes! Help us understand better what happened ahead of filing these lawsuits, and whether they have been resolved yet.

I like that there are five training centers in the state for carpenters and millwrights, best wishes for all of the earnest graduates of these four year training programs, but, I think it is just a touch disingenuous to repeat in the website pages that they are not taxpayer funded, but that they are contractor funded. Further up the food chain, these centers are developer funded and often developers receive tax abatements. There can be ramifications to this funding structure versus a taxpayer funded structure.
    I think the biggest disconnect is cities come up with these programs or offer services but unless one deals with it everyday it is tough for the average resident to navigate city services.

Then some of the city workers expect everybody that comes before them to have complete knowledge of the process and do not want to take the time to explain it.

For big companies you can hire X city employees to be your navigational advocate in order to shift through the red tape,but for the average taxpayer who is actually funding it all they are left on their own.

It has been made worse by the pandemic as more cities switch to online,I kinda think there needs to be some kind of citizens advocate like a central office of sorts where citizens can call and the path of action is laid out for them.

There has been a lot of programs offered even in the city of Detroit that have had low response,mostly because of the process involved is such a nightmare to navigate.

I also miss many of the posters that are no longer with the forum,people spent a lot less time attacking others and actually contributed and kinda feel bad after phone conversations that I never got to actually meet Gannon or Django,I kinda think as a majority most what what is best for the city and region and people in general,unfortunately there will always be those looking to disrupt that.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 10:01 AM.