Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Oxford benefit concert will send donations to victims of school shooting

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/oxf...chool-shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ask the [mostly] democrat voting homeowners and renters in the D why they unapologetically own their firearms?

The answer will usually not be purchased or leased from NRA right-winged playbooks [or any need of their affirmation], or homophobic fears.

Bet.

The same people you reference also tend to be for common sense gun reform to help turn the tide when it comes to gun violence. They are also the same people who took up open carry during the civil rights era only to find that the NRA does approve of some gun reform, it just happens to have to do with the color of your skin. Adapting to shitty policy doesn’t validate the policy.

Oxford benefit concert will send donations to victims of school shooting

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/oxf...chool-shooting

A comedy concert for shooting victims. I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The life expectancy of a child at birth is higher in India than in Washington DC. You need a pretty good "constitution" to overcome them odds.
    Assuming that you still have internet availability you could have searched before posting.

Infant mortality rate in Washington DC [[D) 5.9 deaths per 1000

Infant mortality rate in India - 28.777 per 1000

Is this now boiling down to how low you will go fabricate a narrative?

or is your math worse then mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    FWIW, the rumors that Ethan Crumbley has been deemed incompetent to stand trial are false — just in case that was mentioned in the word salad upstairs.

Let me help you out a little sense despite commenting on the word soup,you did not read it.

So ….

What I posted was,the way the prosecutor was making the bail denial case against the parents,she gave the appearance of lining up a insanity plea for the adult charged in the shooting,he is no longer referred to as a kid,teenager etc. he is being charged an adult.

Good god man do you not have any sympathy,the kid/adults dog died,that would have made anybody lose it.

She puts it out there,people comment on the obvious conclusion and then the best they can come back with is calling it rumors ?

I think he is incompetent to stand trial,even the posters here made the case how screwed up his partners were,plus his dog died,what else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Let me help you out a little sense despite commenting on the word soup,you did not read it.

So ….

What I posted was,the way the prosecutor was making the bail denial case against the parents,she gave the appearance of lining up a insanity plea for the adult charged in the shooting,he is no longer referred to as a kid,teenager etc. he is being charged an adult.

Good god man do you not have any sympathy,the kid/adults dog died,that would have made anybody lose it.

She puts it out there,people comment on the obvious conclusion and then the best they can come back with is calling it rumors ?

I think he is incompetent to stand trial,even the posters here made the case how screwed up his partners were,plus his dog died,what else is there?

So, you got to interview the kid in person?

So, you got to interview the kid in person?
    I did not need to,the prosecutor already held the trial in public and planted the seed,but like you and the prosecutor the actual shooting is secondary,like she said,this case is about holding parents responsible for the actions of their adult children when it comes to gun violence,this case is her platform.

She would have never said that if she was not looking for public support in order to justify circumventing the rule of law.

So she is breaking the law,in order to enforce the established law,that does not exist, and looking for public support in order to do that,the same public that burns cities and demands others to be held responsible for doing the same exact thing.

But why should you care,you have a narrative to run,dead children and rule of law are expendable and acceptable losses.

You cannot predict the future,how would you like to be arrested and jailed based on,we are leveling these charges and will figure out the actual legality of it later,or make up a new law as we proceed in order to fit the perceived crime.

Like I posted,everybody automatically becomes guilty of a crime,weather they committed one or not.

No surprise you agree with that concept,you enjoy that whole dictatorship aspect of where you can just round people up based on what ever they can think of and charge at the moment,not sure why you think you would be exempt from those actions,you will not be the dictatorship in charge.

She really needs to step aside.

They arrested 10,000 protesters in Burma,at the time they were arrested it was legal to protest,they were not being violent,but they were arrested because the military was taking over and they do not allow protest.

So they arrested them not because they were committing a crime at the moment,but in the future it would have been considered a crime after they implemented it.

You do not even need things like stop and frisk anymore,you can just arrest people and figure out what crime they committed later or just make up a new one while they are sitting in jail.

The thing that scares me the most about your replies,is how easy it was to manipulate you into laser focus on the gun,when the gun is the prop and is being used in the bigger picture.

They immediately released that they had mounds of evidence all-ready in order to arrest charge and convict in this case.

But yet at the first hearing,they requested more time to review the evidence,so they charged and arrested before reviewing the actual evidence and are now basing it on,if we can find something to stick after we review the evidence , in order to change the law,all the better.
    Last edited by Richard; December-29-21 at 10:34 AM.

Yes, thank you, but too often the gun-grab crowd fail to make this distinction and others. Too often the first-line argument is to demonize all gun ownership - asserting a fixed connection to the NRA.

That's a narrative I will challenge for clarity, if not agreement.

Same for those demanding universal 'defund the police' actions! Again 'ask' Detroiter's what we want! Rather than assuming [for our good]. We know exactly what goes on absent adequate policing. So do criminals.

We simply need the police to correctly do their job, and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    The same people you reference also tend to be for common sense gun reform to help turn the tide when it comes to gun violence...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-21 at 12:22 PM.

I did not need to,the prosecutor already held the trial in public and planted the seed,but like you and the prosecutor the actual shooting is secondary,like she said,this case is about holding parents responsible for the actions of their adult children when it comes to gun violence,this case is her platform.

She would have never said that if she was not looking for public support in order to justify circumventing the rule of law.

So she is breaking the law,in order to enforce the established law,that does not exist, and looking for public support in order to do that,the same public that burns cities and demands others to be held responsible for doing the same exact thing.

But why should you care,you have a narrative to run,dead children and rule of law are expendable and acceptable losses.

You cannot predict the future,how would you like to be arrested and jailed based on,we are leveling these charges and will figure out the actual legality of it later,or make up a new law as we proceed in order to fit the perceived crime.

Like I posted,everybody automatically becomes guilty of a crime,weather they committed one or not.

No surprise you agree with that concept,you enjoy that whole dictatorship aspect of where you can just round people up based on what ever they can think of and charge at the moment,not sure why you think you would be exempt from those actions,you will not be the dictatorship in charge.

She really needs to step aside.

They arrested 10,000 protesters in Burma,at the time they were arrested it was legal to protest,they were not being violent,but they were arrested because the military was taking over and they do not allow protest.

So they arrested them not because they were committing a crime at the moment,but in the future it would have been considered a crime after they implemented it.

You do not even need things like stop and frisk anymore,you can just arrest people and figure out what crime they committed later or just make up a new one while they are sitting in jail.

Nice roundabout way of saying: Ethan Crumley got gifted a gun by his parents, killed and injured many, he acted in self-defence. Leave him alone and while you’re at it, give the parents credit for assuring his defence.

Nice roundabout way of saying: Ethan Crumley got gifted a gun by his parents, killed and injured many, he acted in self-defence. Leave him alone and while you’re at it, give the parents credit for assuring his defence.
    The only facts that you know or we know so far is.

The parents legally purchased a gun according to Michigan law.
    The parents legally stored said weapon in their home according to Michigan law.
    The kid,,while acting in an adult capacity,took the gun and shot up a school.

If the prosecutors do not have all of the evidence and it has not all been presented to the public,how can you possibly come to your conclusion,you are like the prosecutor,creating a senário to fit your narrative.

Everything else that has been presented was to show the parents community ties or lack of in a bond hearing,which that information used inadvertently plays into the overall case because it is now public record.

I did not create the senário,the prosecutor did.

So nice try on the spin.
    Last edited by Richard; December-29-21 at 11:29 AM.

The only facts that you know or we know so far is.

The parents legally purchased a gun according to Michigan law.
    The parents legally stored said weapon in their home according to Michigan law.
    The kid,,while acting in an adult capacity,took the gun and shot up a school.

If the prosecutors do not have all of the evidence and it has not all been presented to the public,how can you possibly come to your conclusion,you are like the prosecutor,creating a senário to fit your narrative.

Everything else that has been presented was to show the parents community ties or lack of in a bond hearing,which that information used inadvertently plays into the overall case because it is now public record.

I did not create the senário,the prosecutor did.

So nice try on the spin.

You will have to wait for the court proceedings before "deciding" whether the gun was in safe keeping. Do "youguys" have some evidence to present to the court that we were unaware of?

This is a mental health issue, not a gun issue.

OF COURSE the government would like to frame it as a gun issue, because every communist want's to disarm the citizenry, so that they can have unlimited power for themselves.

They also do not want to draw attention to the fact that they closed all the mental institutions, or that they created these shooting galleries in the first place by making it illegal for law abiding persons [headmasters, teachers etc] to have a gun in school. In turn making it the safest place on Earth for a mentally ill person to go on a killing spree.

You will have to wait for the court proceedings before "deciding" whether the gun was in safe keeping. Do "youguys" have some evidence to present to the court that we were unaware of?
    You are working hard at not seeing the forest for the trees,there is no Michigan law concerning safe storage.

There are proposed laws in front of the body tasked with creating the laws,the legislation in the state of Michigan.

So you can arrest and jail and charge somebody with manslaughter for breaking a law that does not exist,solely for the purpose of creating or establishing one to fit the crime that was not a crime to begin with?

What wannabe dictatorship world do you live in?

Everything else in this case became totally irrelevant and just a matter of going through the motions the exact moment the prosecutor made that statement,she told you right then and there that was the goal.

You keep acting like I am defending the parents or trying to justify the shooting,what part of all of this has zero to do with a school shooting anymore are you unclear on?

She is using the school shooting as a tool to implement law,that is in direct violation of her oath and the constitution of the United States.

You do not like that I called it out - tough
    You do not like Michigan law - tough,use proper channels as outlined by the constitution and change them.

The constitution of the United States makes it clear that those who are charged with enforcing the laws are not in a legal position to create them.

There is a reason for that,if you choose not to recognize that then - tough

Forget about the United States constitution,that pig does not even fly under Canadian law.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    This is a mental health issue, not a gun issue.

OF COURSE the government would like to frame it as a gun issue, because every communist want's to disarm the citizenry, so that they can have unlimited power for themselves.

They also do not want to draw attention to the fact that they closed all the mental institutions, or that they created these shooting galleries in the first place by making it illegal for law abiding persons [headmasters, teachers etc] to have a gun in school. In turn making it the safest place on Earth for a mentally ill person to go on a killing spree.

Yes, I finally get it. Thank you for bringing on the epiphany. The communists that are running the show have done all that. So, I just wasn’t aware that you had a two party communist dictatorship for all those years. Thank heaven you still have your constitution.

You are working hard at not seeing the forest for the trees,there is no Michigan law concerning safe storage.

There are proposed laws in front of the body tasked with creating the laws,the legislation in the state of Michigan.

So you can arrest and jail and charge somebody with manslaughter for breaking a law that does not exist,solely for the purpose of creating or establishing one to fit the crime that was not a crime to begin with?

What wannabe dictatorship world do you live in?

Everything else in this case became totally irrelevant and just a matter of going through the motions the exact moment the prosecutor made that statement,she told you right then and there that was the goal.

You keep acting like I am defending the parents or trying to justify the shooting,what part of all of this has zero to do with a school shooting anymore are you unclear on?

She is using the school shooting as a tool to implement law,that is in direct violation of her oath and the constitution of the United States.

You do not like that I called it out - tough
    You do not like Michigan law - tough,use proper channels as outlined by the constitution and change them.

The constitution of the United States makes it clear that those who are charged with enforcing the laws are not in a legal position to create them.

There is a reason for that,if you choose not to recognize that then - tough

Forget about the United States constitution,that pig does not even fly under Canadian law.

But, but I thought you said the parents had locked te gun up. So what’s the point of debating the Michigan law?

But I’ll take your word for the locked up gun, if "youguys" know this for sure.

^ Yes, there are some laws on the books [State of Michigan] on proper [including ammo] storage/ transport of guns [including legal guns in ones car]:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...F_286476_7.pdf

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...1579--,00.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-21 at 03:38 PM.

Yes, thank you, but too often the gun-grab crowd fail to make this distinction and others. Too often the first-line argument is to demonize all gun ownership -- asserting a fixed connection to the NRA.

That's something I will challenge for clarity, if not agreement.

Same for those demanding universal 'defund the police' actions! Again 'ask' Detroiter's what we want! Rather than assuming [for our good]. We know what goes on absent adequate policing. So do criminals.

We simply need the police to correctly do their job, and no more.
    I will offer some clarity. First and blatantly obvious is there will not be any “Gun Grabbing”. It is physically impossible for anyone to go around and “grab” the 300 Million firearms in the US. It can’t be done. The ‘they’ force to round up 300 Million of anything in this country doesn’t exist. All that talk is strictly scare tactics to make people who can’t comprehend that basic fact donate money to politicians and corrupt PACs like the NRA to block any and all future firearm legislation of any kind.

Now as a responsible gun owner you have to ask yourself is that what you want? Absolutely no new legislation regarding firearms? Zero requirement that gun owners are required by law to keep guns out of the hands of children? Internet sales with no questions asked with Glock and AR-15 clones sold in kits that a felon, criminal enterprise or children can assemble and finish at home? Is there any common sense firearm legislation in your mind or are you against any and all laws relating to guns like the NRA is? These questions are for you Zacha, not some idiot who thinks belt feed machine guns would be a good thing if sold at 7-11 because they are no more dangerous than cell phones.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...her/index.html

^ Yes, thank yah for the details. I'd like to keep the politics out of it, and groups like the NRA ain't exactly full-out 'affirming' black gun ownership. Nope.

So I don't think it's a big problem to excise that particular politic [like I said before most Detroiters, with registered guns don't heed or need the NRA et al].

Yep, I indeed agree with restrictions on certains guns and types; specifically to end easy sales as you state. Additionally, the increasing 'catch and release' of those threatening or committing violence with guns needs to end.

The numbers of children seriously injured/ killed by guns is unacceptable [such as seen in Chicago this year]. Especially as they are often shot due to being in the cross-fire between adults plying their acts of retaliation and crime.

And as you said could Americans really be fully disarmed? Hardly. Outside of a complete totalitarian take over. Inclusive of everything ELSE that would mean.

Criminal types will hardly surrender theirs, alive. Yet rhetoric continues: used to affirm, scare or steer. Depends where you are and stand on the subject.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-21 at 04:03 PM.

Yep, I indeed agree with restrictions on certains guns and types; specifically to end easy sales as you state. Additionally, the increasing 'catch and release' of those threatening or committing violence with guns needs to end.
    I 100% agree with you on this Zacha. Getting harder on all illegal use of firearms has to be part of the solution if anyone is serious about reducing gun violence in America.

Common ground can be found on this issue because a majority of Americans do not want their loved ones getting maimed or killed by gunfire. The loud voices on the extremes of both political spectrums must be ignored with common sense prevailing.

But, but I thought you said the parents had locked te gun up. So what’s the point of debating the Michigan law?

But I’ll take your word for the locked up gun, if "youguys" know this for sure.
    "That gun was actually locked, so when the prosecution is stating that this child had free access to a gun, that is...absolutely not true," Lehman said Saturday morning during the couple's arraignment.

You do not know for sure and under Michigan law it was not required to be locked up.

You are right,no point in debating Michigan law,when you can just make it up as you go along.

Shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs son was a threat, prosecutors say

https://www.abc12.com/news/oxford-st...b673ae7c6.html

Man spends days decorating house in support of Oxford after mass shooting...

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2021...mass-shooting/

Man spends days decorating house in support of Oxford after mass shooting...

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2021...mass-shooting/

There's something disturbing about that.

Michigan's Oxford schools to require clear backpacks after deadly shooting

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ts/9054010002/
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-31-21 at 10:00 AM.

Michigan's Oxford schools to require clear backpacks after deadly shooting

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ts/9054010002/
    Another "feel good" step that will do nothing to keep kids safe, but will do a lot to interfere with the privacy of the students. I often carry a pistol where I'm legally allowed, and hardly anyone would ever know it's there. How is a clear backpack going to stop a student from doing that?

The kids now get to showcase their personal items included hygiene and medical supplies to their entire class. I think most of us can remember how unforgiving students can be at that age. Of course some could say they can just wrap those things in a T-shirt in their bag [[Just like they can a loaded pistol). :[[

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast