Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Of course they should complain about the bare minimum! They deserve better than that.

In St. Clair Shores where I live 911 emergency calls are answered in about 3 minutes. Should Detroit be happy if it's 1/2 hour? I don't think so.

And as for speeders on Detroit streets... the city is adding about 3,000 "speed humps" to residential streets. This has been going on for a few years, and installations are in high gear this year...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/whats-a-sp...hDnqV08peuWrXM

The difference between SCS and Detroit is some people's attitude. There are people in my neighborhood that want a good, safe place to live and strive to make it happen. Then there are others who'll take advantage of any chance they can.
    As far as the speed "humps", it's a two way street. [I made a funny] Yes, they do seem to deter people driving through the neighborhood at a fast pace, but then it becomes a total PITA for residents to get in and out of the neighborhood. You want to go to the store and you're dealing with constant stop and go. It gets old quickly. With Winter coming, I don't know how they're going to deal with snow removal. But since very little of that happens anyway, I guess it's a non-issue. I've been looking at living in SCS as a possible place to relocate to. If I moved into your neighborhood, we could hang out.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-22-21 at 08:00 AM.