Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 ... LastLast

Does anyone really scroll down for a full minute to read all of someone's lengthy posts? Two paragraphs, max, or you've lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Does anyone really scroll down for a full minute to read all of someone's lengthy posts? Two paragraphs, max, or you've lost me.
    Today they're euphemistically called "influencers." They're often paid, apparently by the word, to sow discord throughout social media.

It's simply another form of astroturfing or ideological prostitution.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-04-21 at 08:07 PM.

I do not
    Last edited by Maof; August-04-21 at 08:23 PM.

First paragraph and last paragraph... that is all. Life is too short.

^ Wow... thanks for the images Oladub. They say it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The infamous "They". No links, no support, and zero facts. All enclosed in a lengthy rant by a delusional insomnia fueled man who doesn't 'pick and choose' his facts, he just makes them up as he goes along. He's not a passenger on the speculation train, he's the conductor. ALL ABOARD !!

I highly recommend a dose of 10mg of an indica edible to induce some much needed sleep. You might wake up with a couple blood lines in the whites of your eyes, but it's better than looking at all the red lines in your posts.

USDA estimates COVID-19 exposure to over 50% of Michigan’s deer population | WTVB | 1590 AM · 95.5 FM | The Voice of Branch County [[wtvbam.com)

Now that's interesting.
    Maybe spend a little less time worrying about me personally and actually read the links I provided,they are not manipulated or manufactured by me they are direct from your states site the CDC or other government agencies.

THEY are the ones providing the information that you can use to make decisions as an adult while looking at all information available.

You find it interesting that deer can get Covid but it has been known for quite sometime that animals can get Covid.

Several animals in zoos and sanctuaries have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, including big cats [[lions, tigers, pumas, cougars, snow leopards) and non-human primates [[gorillas) after showing signs of illness. It is suspected that these animals became sick after being exposed to an animal caretaker with COVID-19. In many situations, this happened despite the staff wearing personal protective equipment and following COVID-19 precautions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/animals.html

I presented two comparative states that have the same number of vaccinated population.

One state is being used as an example of what is unchecked spread.

Why is it that state has a higher positive case rate but a lower death rate when compared to the other state?

I provided the links that backs that up,links provided by each states government,not stuff made up by me.

Why is it some have an issue with trying to understand all aspects of something they are fighting and choose to divert the attention to one personally, instead of absorbing all information available in order to make an informed decision.

Simple question,why is it Florida with exploding cases has a lower death rate then a state such as Michigan,when they have the same vaccination rate?

That is what makes us each unique individuals,when some are told to do this or die,they comply,no questions asked while others prefer to have a bit more information before being so easily manipulated.

The second question would be,what motive does one have in order to have so much negativity towards those who are not so quick to automatically comply without question?

Thats the thing about history,it reveals a pattern of human nature that does not really change,even though the end result has never changed.

Sense some choose to take the path of making this about me,instead of understanding what you are fighting,I am not going to fear something I do not understand,that would be applying emotions over control,you cannot control something you do not understand.

If you take the path of fearing something,that would be your personal choice and your personal choice on how to deal with it,do not get mad at me when I am providing information,that is provided by the exact same entities that you guys said from the start to listen to.

Take a step back into the flu coverage map in 2017

https://www.abc57.com/news/us-flu-se...rst-in-decades

Bong man you provided a prime example of judgement without facts,while accusing others of doing it.

Nothing to do with insomnia,it’s called conditioning,next week I get to make a 24 hour drive to Wayndotte in order to do a 6 hour job,then turn around and go back to Florida and I prefer not to spend 3 weeks doing it.

I prefer to do that not drug infused, so I can have a clear state of mind.
    Last edited by Richard; August-05-21 at 06:22 AM.

For those who have received the shot,are you being tested for anti bodies if it is over 90 days ?

They are reporting that after 90 days,your level of protection drops to 15% to 0.
    This is garbage. You also presented your own 'mathematical model' based on a 100% rate of covid infection for illegal immigrants. Pure ignorance, and it took one paragraph to point it out. Now feel free to write another 1,000 words and 15 paragraphs of deflecting misinformation that we can scroll on by.

This is garbage. You also presented your own 'mathematical model' based on a 100% rate of covid infection for illegal immigrants. Pure ignorance, and it took one paragraph to point it out. Now feel free to write another 1,000 words and 15 paragraphs of deflecting misinformation that we can scroll on by.
    I am quoting this because what you need to do now is show me when I have ever posted any ‘mathematical model’ in relation to illegal immigrants having 100% Covid rates.

I asked a simple question that you apparently cannot even grasp let alone answer.

If there are 11 million undocumented or illegal immigrants in this country that cannot or are not being tested or even being given a shot,what are the ramifications?

I also asked how come nobody in the political realm has not publicly addressed that,if the mantra is,everybody needs to get the shot for the country to survive,why are 11 + million of the population being exempted from that.

Actually if you had any concerns about any of this,outside of making it personal about me,for what ever motive,you would see that Texas has mentioned several times they have transported known positive illegal immigrants across borders to other states,because they are required to by the current administration.

Now feel free to make another post that has zero meaning while complaining about another post.

Some seem to prefer whining in a little snippet of a post saying nothing outside of just plain whining.

You seem to be having difficulties in disproving let alone discussing what I am posting outside of you do not agree with it personally.

Pure ignorance is publicly making claims against others without providing your facts to back it up.

Anybody can say nothing in 6 words or less,some seem to wear that as a badge of honor,maybe that is why people are so attracted and amused with parrots,they are good at repeating what they are told to.

Most of the links i have posted are governmental links,you are calling that spreading misinformation.

Sense the links are coming directly from the government,are you saying the government is also spreading misinformation?

While you are deflecting,as you are accusing others of it,how come you do not want to answer the question of why does one state have a high reported case count,have a lower death rate then a state that has a lower case count when both states have an equal amount of vaccinated?

My guess is you already know the answer and feel it is your job to continue to feed the misdirection machine during a deadly pandemic.Which like I posted before,makes you a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.
    Last edited by Richard; August-05-21 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ Wow... thanks for the images Oladub. They say it all...
    There's an animated version at https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view.

Click the "View Time-lapse" button on the right and below the static map then click the play button in the upper left corner of the new map that appears. It take a few moments to load.

It's pretty obvious that Missouri was the petri dish for this surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If there are 11 million undocumented or illegal immigrants in this country that cannot or are not being tested or even being given a shot,what are the ramifications.
    https://apnews.com/article/public-he...Gxd47Ky-hhAOy0

Of the more than 164.2 million people who have been fully inoculated, only 125,682 breakthrough cases have been reported in 38 states, according to NBC.

That number translates to less than 0.08 percent.

125,000 breakthrough cases sounds like the vaccinations are a failure but .08 percent - not so bad.

Two San Francisco hospitals have reported over 300 breakthrough cases involving employees. However, only two had to be hospitalized. Again, more verification that vaccinations reduce both the risk of testing positive and of those who test positive, few wind up with severe cases.

Unfortunately we really do not know,by the CDCs own numbers

National surveillance relies on passive and voluntary reporting, and data might not be complete or representative.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

Based on the local news where I am at,the only level 1 trauma center that serves a region of 3 million currently has 260 cases in the ward,they are saying 15% of fatal breakthrough cases are because of underlying conditions.Cancer,weak immune systems,overweight etc.

I do not know the logistics of it ,but I still stand by,they should have done a immune system check alongside of receiving the shot.

What is also interesting,they dumped 30% of their nursing staff of those who choose not to get the shot,which created a nursing shortage.

So now making it even worse,the remaining nurses are signing up with outside rent a nurse companies and becoming roving nurses contracted out to other hospitals that are desperately short on nurses.

Making up to $6000 a week.

With school reopening same situation is happening with teachers,teachers saying they will not return to the school without restrictions,so the district hired 700 teachers from overseas to replace them,Jamaica,Philippines and India.

There was another “expert” on yesterday and he figured that this current wave would peak first part of September.

But who knows,it does not matter what you watch or who is reporting,everybody has something different to say.
    Last edited by Richard; August-06-21 at 05:21 AM.

I am basing it on the experts reporting that the Delta variant spreads faster then the other variants and they had that number pegged as 1 positive can infect 5 others.

The 11 million number is based on the existing amount of illegals already in the country,undocumented would not count as they receive healthcare.

The border is,to me anyways,he said she said.

The border is under demand to process entry in a time frame,so they are going to do what ever it takes to move people.

What that link is referring to is,once the feds process the entrees,they load them on a plane or bus and divide them up across the country.

It then becomes the responsibility of the host city to deal with the health aspect.

Sense illegals cannot receive public health benefits,it is on the individual taxpayers of that host city to cover the medical costs.

Because they do not have the space,there is no way they can quarentene them at the border,so they check them,then ship them off to their host city as a positive,who is then expected to quarentene them there.

So that is the jist of all of that.

I believe what is happening at the border is that the border cities are pushing hard for a wall or reduced influx of immigrants across it,plus the surge of illegals jumping the border,taxing already taxed city budgets.

What they are telling the feds is,you brought them here,you pay for them,because they really did not have a choice,most cases the feds bus them in during the middle of the night without even telling the host city.

What we do not know,and when the feds say we offered to pay,is what was the demands behind that offer.

The feds never ever give a city or state money without a request for something in return,it usually revolves around something that has nothing to do with the task in hand.

My guess would be sense we are dealing with border states,the conditions would be,shut up about us dropping them into your city and we will kick a few million your way to take care of them.

The question to me is with your neck of the woods and the Canadian border,you do not hear anything about that and it was also a hotspot for jumping the border.

Maybe because of flight restrictions because unlike our southern border it would be hard to walk there from South America.

To put it in perspective

The feds fly 200 in overnight from the border to Detroit.

Detroit says ,hold on there,we already have enough problems,we cannot afford this.

Feds say,no problem we can kick a few million in to help,but we have this whole social justice thing going on,so get rid of 15% of your police force.

Which I think is wrong,it is taxpayers money and the taxpayers have a right to full disclosure,they always seem to forget to inform the taxpayers what those funds are really costing them.
    Last edited by Richard; August-06-21 at 05:44 AM.

^ Not even gonna touch this.... although I love how you snuck in the "get rid of 15% of your police force".

Anyway... getting back to the real world... Henry Ford Hospital gave their employees an ultimatum... get vaccinated by Sept. 10... or be fired.

This same discussion is going on in board rooms across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    why on earth does visual media like TV always show people getting jabbed while urging them to get vaccinated? Often several times during a single article. Does that strike anyone else as being the wrong messaging and a disincentive to do what is being asked?
    And why do so many news broadcasters, and even some pro-vaccine campaigners, call it getting "jabbed"??
    Last edited by bust; August-06-21 at 01:20 PM.

First paragraph and last paragraph... that is all. Life is too short.
    Not even the last paragraph.

This is garbage.
    ...When misinformation becomes disinformation, it happens here on DYes.

There's a great twitter thread by Carl Bergstrom discussing the misinformation about vaccinated people who still manage to catch the Delta variant and become contagious.

Apparently it all started by a well-intended but poorly-worded headline by one of the news agencies that was picked up widely, even by the some of the usually most reliable media outlets. It grew so big so fast it became impossible to stop and took on a life of its own.

The important missing context was that vaccinated people have shown to be contagious if they're among the small percentage of vaccinated who don't manage to fend off the virus and it's the Delta variant and they're among the even smaller percentage who become sick enough to warrant testing.

The vaccines are effective, even against the Delta variant, so the percentage affected is very small.

That didn't come through and was missed by just about everyone. Made it easy for those working for whatever reason to discourage vaccination.

But never mind. Some say even correcting disinformation furthers its spread.

Incidentally, Carl Bergstrom wrote a book about misinformation in the digital age titled Calling Bullshit.
    Last edited by bust; August-06-21 at 02:52 PM.

In case you don't like getting a vaccine or mask wearing...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hate to be the bearer of ground breaking news for you

but you do not have to even read them.

You could just post a few lines of irrelevant, nothing to do with the subject manner whining,it is a discussion and not Twitter.

Not sure why some think everything should be created to suit them personally,maybe that’s why things are so screwed up,everybody is pissed off because the world does not cater to their individual needs.

In case you don't like getting a vaccine or mask wearing...
    Appears to also apply to those who have also received the shot.

• 4,115 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covi...ccination.html

Somebody has to be one of those 4500,they were not people that just fell out of the sky.

So that could be you in that picture,shot or no shot,but you already knew that.

Thankfully your odds of ending up like that are about the same as it would be catching the thing in the first place with no shot.

Funny how we went through years of talk about evil corporations,but yet here you are championing them for setting an example,I mean really if they brought back 18 hour workdays with no overtime about now,it would be okay.

Do you think they have become social justice warriors because they care or they fear being boycotted?

How come they stopped requiring masks after the shot when they knew full well it took 14 days for the shot to take effect,and once one received the shot they could still catch and spread the virus to other employees.

Or maybe they are collecting brownie points now to cover once the workers find out they will not have a 401k anymore,I will let you do your own research on that one.

Or maybe because the economy has actually stalled out do to all of the shortages and it seems like a good way,with plenty of support,to fire people and not have to pay unemployment or benefits?

I will try to keep this one short,as some seem to have an attention span of a gerbil,no wonder newspapers are out of existence,it would appear some had a problem reading them in the first place let alone a book.

Let me guess ,you only bought Playboy to look at the pictures?

I understand though because it seems to be the norm,how do the really smart people ever get through collage,if they cannot read more then 2 lines of printed material,maybe they are not as smart as they were led to believe.

You now have a shorter attention span than a goldfish, according to a 2015 study by Microsoft Corp. It’s not typical for people to lose their concentration after a mere eight seconds, compared to a goldfish’s nine. This is less than in the past, and it’s the digitized life that’s taking the blame.

https://modernmrsdarcy.com/interest-...ttention-span/

no need to pucker up
    Last edited by Richard; August-06-21 at 05:02 PM.

They're long already when he first posts them.
    But even after people comment they grow, and grow, and grow...

I'm frustrated and worried, especially for my elderly parents, about how many are still not vaccinated. Infection rates aren't yet like down South, but Wayne County only has a 42% vaccination rate. It's coming soon.

I don't know if there's much that can be done with the ideological holdouts so susceptible to mis- and disinformation. Follow they want they want to believe. But my guess is there are still a lot of people who'd protect themselves and their community if it were made [even] easier.

I've read some success stories about block parties, cookouts, and the like. It's more work, but I hope many of these are organized in Detroit. A combined public-private-volunteer effort would probably be necessary. Hopefully there is enough will to find the way.
    Last edited by bust; August-06-21 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    They're long already when he first posts them.
    But even after people comment they grow, and grow, and grow...
    I must have been sleeping the day hypocrisy became cool,used to be it was frowned on,now some seem to wear it like a badge of honor.

See,small post for small minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Appears to also apply to those who have also received the shot.

• 4,115 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covi...ccination.html

Somebody has to be one of those 4500,they were not people that just fell out of the sky.
    It's quite possible many of the vaccinated just happened to test positive but actually died of other causes. This happens with the unvaccinated as well of course, but there is much more likelihood of them having a true deadly covid outcome. Most gov'ts are still including anyone who tests positive in their covid death statistics. This is done so causes/effects of covid on other illness can be analyzed.

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 ... LastLast