Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Glad I got my Craftsman tool cabinets before I could no longer.
    Years earlier, my ratcheting magnetic screwdriver with exchangeable bits stored in the handle, a great gift.
    Craftsman was good quality, as I'm sure every Detroiter above a certain age knows.

Yet my customer experience buying the cabinets illustrates what went wrong.
    Delivery took weeks, they couldn't specify when it would arrive, there would be nowhere to leave it if I were not home.
    One arrived damaged upon delivery, badly dented, the top compartment would not open without a rough scrape.

I wasted hours upon hours on numerous customer "support" channels without getting anywhere. No one I talked to seemed empowered except to read from the same go nowhere script.
    It wasn't until I managed to talk to a manager and faked I could impactfully complain that they agreed to replace the damaged item.
    A badly coordinated pickup, and a month or so later, a poorly coordinated delivery, I finally received what I paid for.

Don't like Amazon, but ever since Sears fell into the clutches of private equity and vulture hedge funds who decided customer relationships don't matter, they've been so terrible I no longer felt bad shopping at Amazon, where despite the rest they try to get the customer experience right.

Now if only they offered tool cabinets as good. As far as I know, they don't.
    Last edited by bust; July-03-21 at 10:23 PM.