Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It's interesting that you think WaPo is just drivel and you're glad they have a paywall; they don't activate it until one has used up their allotment of articles for the month...Means the user would have to read 5 or 6 articles by those "holier than thou hacks" to activate the wall
    News aggregators have a lot to do with that.

• n.
      A website that collects content such as news stories or music files to make such material available in one place.

Here's a treat for all you Whitmer fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Tell that to the family members of Detroiter's who buried their loved ones, including in some cases multiple members within the same family in short order.
    Fake news. You need to stop listening to the liberal media.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Here's a treat for all you Whitmer fans out there.

AKA Devil in a blue dress

Is politics starting to creep into this thread?

I 'listened' intently, saw and providing direct support to those I KNOW who buried friends [[of various ages) and family. And some who contracted COVID themselves [[nine people I know personally had COVID and thankfully rallied and recovered - one still experiencing health challenges). Hardly fake.

The media, for me [[of varied sources) was often secondary to real conversations and engagements born of lived, actual experiences. Other Detroiters can recount similar; too many now, still experiencing death and illness. Ask us!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-21 at 07:45 PM.

It's interesting that you think WaPo is just drivel and you're glad they have a paywall; they don't activate it until one has used up their allotment of articles for the month...Means the user would have to read 5 or 6 articles by those "holier than thou hacks" to activate the wall
    Hell, I began reading the Washington Post in 1959. It was drivel back then [[though it had the best comics section in the nation, five whole pages). It hasn't gotten better since then. We used to call it the "Washington Daily Worker [[after the US commie newspaper).

I 'listened' intently, saw and providing direct support to those I KNOW who buried friends [[of various ages) and family. And some who contracted COVID themselves [[nine people I know personally had COVID and thankfully rallied and recovered - one still experiencing health challenges). Hardly fake.

The media, for me [[of varied sources) was often secondary to real conversations and engagements born of lived, actual experiences. Other Detroiters can recount similar; too many now, still experiencing death and illness. Ask us!
    Those people would have died anyway.

^^^ A mother and her daughter, for example, weeks apart?

Your 'comment' is most ignorant, in the truest sense of the word.

As you will not acknowledge what I clearly know as verified COVID deaths I will not further engage you in what has become a useless dialogue.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-22-21 at 01:00 PM.

[Back to the issue of transparency, or lack thereof...]

Did Michigan cover up nursing home COVID deaths like New York?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4723259001/

From article:

...Michigan is one of only two states where the governor is exempt from Freedom of Information laws, and the only state where that exemption is written into statute. Thanks to this exemption, the governor has no obligation to produce any records whatsoever, despite making decisions affecting the lives of every Michigander.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-22-21 at 12:59 PM.

[Back to the issue of transparency, or lack thereof...]

Did Michigan cover up nursing home COVID deaths like New York?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4723259001/

From article:

...Michigan is one of only two states where the governor is exempt from Freedom of Information laws, and the only state where that exemption is written into statute. Thanks to this exemption, the governor has no obligation to produce any records whatsoever, despite making decisions affecting the lives of every Michigander.
    And, I believe, the Legislative Branch has the same exemption.

ALL government officials nationwide who infringed on civil liberties or restrained trade should be held accountable. Being defeated in the next election is not sufficient. They all need to face charges.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    You make it obvious, what side of the line your loyalties lie....Covid is not a joke. You'd sing a different tune if you lost a family member to it. Such a stupid, insensitive comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You make it obvious, what side of the line your loyalties lie....Covid is not a joke. You'd sing a different tune if you lost a family member to it. Such a stupid, insensitive comment.
    It was just the flu. Right, Ray?

Is it only me, or is MikeM just playing ?

^ It's hardly a joking, or playful matter considering how many Detroiters suffered and died of COVID-19.

In the meantime spring has sprung! Great for less time online/ debating.

I've put over 280 miles on my indoor cycler - now's time to cycle live - outdoors.

Life lives. Live it! With most the gratitude and thankfulness I say.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 11:51 AM.

She's [[Whitmer) going to have a battle to win again and not just from the capital a' marchin' populations. She didn't win Detroit the last time around, and many are not impressed with Gilchrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    And, I believe, the Legislative Branch has the same exemption.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 11:50 AM.

Is it only me, or is MikeM just playing ?
    If he is, that's a sick joke. No need for it.

She's [[Whitmer) going to have a battle to win again and not just from the capital a' marchin' populations. She didn't win Detroit the last time around, and many are not impressed with Gilchrist.
    What about the other 2/3rds of the Triumvirate. Nessle and Benson.
    Come on, man !? Great Caeser's Ghost !
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; March-24-21 at 12:45 PM.

^ Oh yeah - issues re. them to do seem to emerge as well!

It's a given that most Republicans are mathematically challenged, especially when it applies to election results. In the 2018 election for governor, Whitmer couldn't have performed much better. City of Detroit vote totals:

Whitmer -- 180,588

Schuette -- 6,988

https://detroitmi.gov/departments/el...ordion-21461-1

She also won 70% of the vote in Wayne county.

Where on earth is the source of your information? The Michigan Militia Wing-Nut Press

^ Nope. As an indie, I get a great deal of my info from local grass-roots community news sources - hardly right-winged or repubbed. They'd hastily eat off their arm at the thought of being considered such!

Not unlike more than a few Detroiters they [[we) have a well-earned, honed skeptical eye at everyone including our beloved dems - especially the '...Democratic enablers of the
    status quo!' as is often stated in certain ground-zero news and talking circles - beyond main-stream media.

I of course take some of it with a grain of salt. But from the man [[or woman)-on-the-street [[from the elite educated to the so-called lesser) there's for certain unapologetic Detroit-style discontent re. Whitmer. No need to dig too deep.

A fast general google search bears out the doubt-in-action: 2018.

Often forgetten, the rub in the 2018 mix was Shri Tanader!
    Tandader beat Whitmer in Detroit capturing a not too shabby a 200,645 - coming in third over all across the state. Using alot of his own money for his campaign.

We wonder who's out there this time waiting to spring forward?

Sigh... again the improbable Detroit vote. Some of use just refuse to fall-in-line and behave. And we ain't even right-wingers!!

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/08/05/how-immigrant-businessman-turned-politician-shri-thanedar-turned-a-gubernatorial-loss-into-a-michigan-house-win

From article:

...Multimillionaire Indian-American businessman Shri Thanedar may have lost the 2018 race for governor, coming in third behind Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Abdul El-Sayed, but he did carve out a somewhat surprising victory: he wound up getting more votes than Whitmer in Detroit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Thanedar#:~:text=Shri%20was%20a%20candidate%2 0in,of%20Detroit%20Abdul%20El%2DSayed.

Thanedar won the City of Detroit and earned 200,645 total votes but finished in 3rd place statewide behind current Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer and former Health Director of Detroit Abdul El-Sayed.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 05:04 PM.

I'm sorry, where is Shri listed in the final results of the election?
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  94.5 KB

Yikes! Someone best field a correction to all of the stuff out there online referencing [[including the two sites I posted) Tanedar as running and his numbers. I saw the lawn signs of during his campaign [[I actually voted for Whitmer at the time) perhaps that was my bad sight [[smile).

In any event my second paragraph particularly, stands relative to some Detroiters growing skepticism of her run this go round and fatigue in general of dem front runners broken-promises a plenty.

Further, and more to the point, the right-wing populations etc. do not own reservations about her tenure as governor for a second round.

Generations of loyal dem voting Detroiters are watching.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 05:20 PM.

Could you possibly mean in the primary?
    There wouldn't be 2 Dems running in the actual election.
    Yikes! Someone best field a correction to all of the stuff out there online referencing [[including the two sites I posted) Tanedar as running and his numbers. I saw the lawn signs of during his campaign [[I actually voted for Whitmer at the time) perhaps that was my bad sight [[smile).

In any event my second paragraph particularly, stands relative to some Detroiters growing skepticism of her run this go round and fatigue in general of dem front runners broken-promises a plenty.

Further, and more to the point, the right-wing populations etc. do not own reservations about her tenure as governor for a second round.

Generations of loyal dem voting Detroiters are watching.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast