Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    We Michiganders need to understand that something like this could happen here. It's best to always be prepared during the Winter months. Keep an extra stock of food and non-perishable items. Keep your vehicle gas tanks filled up. Keep a supply of batteries for flashlights, a radio, and other items. Keep a supply of drinkable water. Also an extra supply of food for any pets you may have. Try to keep a stock of any medications you use on a daily basis.

In January of 1998, areas of Quebec went without electrical power for 40 days because of an ice storm. No fun was had. It can happen....be prepared !
    This X 1000

I remember my Minnesota winter youth,even in the car everybody used to carry a blanket,small shovel,some sand etc in case one became stranded.

Texas has its own independent power grid,the operators said that they can winterize,but it is expensive for something that may happen every 10 years,so the added costs does not justify.

They are not a part of the national grid and not under federal guidelines.

I think the biggest problem is if you live in an apartment,it becomes hard without a back up generator,but in Florida with hurricanes many buildings and apartments have back up generators for emergencies.

Did you see the mayor that quit after telling everybody to get off of their ass and except some personal responsibility and quit complaining. Lol

Kinda sucks spending all of those millions on wind turbines and solar that became pretty much worthless.

Before our last hurricane I had a brand new in the box generator for sale on marketplace for 6 months,with only little lowball offers.

The day before a storm was supposed to hit,I had 65 responses in 2 hours,I ended up having to give that guy a gas can because you could not even find those.

The point is,even though people know to be prepared,most never will and then freak out at the last moment.

The worst Is when they yell at the linemen and give them a hard time,without realizing that they also have families without power and are trying to do their job.
    Last edited by Richard; February-18-21 at 11:18 AM.